1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks: Obrien made me miserable

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, May 30, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Two things can be true, 1) Brooks sounds like a whiny baby and 2) BOB might have enough success to "get away" with his style. That said, this is football where traditionally no one player is more important than 53 players and where hard, intense coaching is seen since pee-wee football. Like I said, Brooks sounds like a baby.

raining threes and leroy like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

BOB is the epitome of mediocre.

The Texans will win 10-11 games in the next couple years, get bounced in the WC game and BOB will buy himself another 3-4 years before McNair's son becomes close with some mediocre cast off that becomes GM, fires BOB and hires ******* #2..... and the cycle starts all over again.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

What is the winning lottery numbers for next month? Since you have a crystal ball revealing the future. Hahaha

With the weakest schedule in the NFL, you don't think we can win 10-11 now. Bill O'Brien should be fired immediately after the season of he can't achieve that.

4. dmoneybangbang

I don't think BOB is a great coach, but our talent level has been mediocre given injuries.

raining threes likes this.
  5. raining threes

God I hope your wrong and I think you will be IF DW4 can stay healthy.

6. raining threes

I think you are overrating the talent level on this team. Sure they could win 10-11 games next year if they stay healthy, which is unlikely. The depth is still lacking and it will take a couple of years for Gaine to build that up.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the team is healthy, there's no excuse in less than 12 wins given the weakest schedule in the NFL. Anything less than that without significant injuries should get BOB fired.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  8. raining threes

They are playing the NFC East and AFC East this year.

I dont believe the schedule is going to be as easy as you think. However we are basically on the same page IF (And it's a big IF) they can stay healthy.

What would you consider staying healthy?

Lets take a look at the schedule,

Jags = 2 L's
    Pats= L
    Eagles= L
    Cowboys= L

That's 11-5 if everything breaks right.

#68 raining threes, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no reason why a healthy Texans team should lose to the Jags or Cowboys.

By healthy I mean not losing Watson and damn near all of the starting defense like they did last season. If you get a season with Watson healthy and with the big 3 on defense (Watt, Clowney, Mercilus) intact, the Texans should be a 12 or better win team. Anything less if healthy, is failure that should cost BOB his job.

Now that said, if there is significant regression by Watson and the defense gets hurt again, that could change things, but I still would fire BOB if the offense isn't top 15 given all they have going for them and BOB allegedly being a competent offensive coach. Asking for average isn't asking for a lot.

10. raining threes

If DW4 gets hurt they wont be a top 15 offense with this OL.

You would fire BOB if he farted in the morning,

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, don't get it twisted, with an incompetent coach like BOB it would take Watson playing at the level he was at last season to ensure a top 15 offense. There's no chance BOB could coach a team to a top 15 offense with anything less, hes just that terrible. My point was if Watson regresses, not if he's injured.

I'm not sure I could name 5 QB's that are good enough to ensure a BOB coached offense was top 15.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

If you think 9-7 three season in a row followed by a 4-12 season in the weakest conference in the entire NFL not a losing franchise...well, I guess we're not the Browns is about as good as I can say. Here's to hoping we are not in for another disappointing season like the entire history of the Texans' franchise has been. At least we have DeShaun now to finally have an offense from our worthless QB guru head coach.

13. csj

csj Member

That's quite a combination you put together there. That record is not "championship level" but it's not "losing franchise" either. Yours is just another simpleton take.

For "no one said they were" regarding the losing franchise label, funny how many say just that.

LOL another tragic poster.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

And the axes continues to grind ...

if Triggered Snowflake Booby did have me on ignore ...
    Bobby, tell me what you really think about Duane Brown.
    Bobby, tell me what you really think about GM Brian Gaine.

Like effing clockwork.

raining threes and csj like this.
  15. raining threes

We will continue to disagree, I dont think BOB is Lombardi, but he's much better than you give him credit for. It's going to take atleast another offseason to fix the mess Ricky left.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would like him to finally give me a reason to think he's a competent coach, perhaps this year will be the first time pulls it off.

17. raining threes

Lets get him some talent on the OL and see how good he really is.

Not a bunch of backups or castoffs from other teams and 3rd/4th round draft picks like Davenport, Rankins.

That's a half hearted attempt to fix a long standing problem and is the root of the Texans problems on offense. You shouldn't expect much change until they fix the OL, but it's much easier to just say BOB is a terrible HC than it is to look at the true issues.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure no matter what was done there would be new excuses for why BOB can't figure out how to use his players effectively. He'll keep running speed backs up the middle and power backs to the outside. He's fundamentally awful as an offensive coach.

19. raining threes

Let them fix the OL, they haven't done this yet. IMHO (After all of these years.)

Then we can have this discussion.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The reason I bring it up is that it won't matter if the O line is fixed if you are using players wrong. Having a fully functional hammer won't help you get a round peg into a square hole. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't such obvious stuff that we were talking about. I mean, even casual fans could see that doing things like running Lamar Miller up the middle is a stupid idea, but BOB keeps doing it.

His players have to be good enough to make up for the fact that he's incompetent at his job.