1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broadcasters Tonite

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CBrownFanClub, Jan 13, 2000.

1. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Is Calvin back yet, or is Newlin still doing the color commentary?

Any response ASAP would be greatly appreciated. . .

thanks
    CBrownFanClub

2. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

Calvin did the Sacramento game, so unless he's had a releapse I'm assuming he'll be doing tonight's game as well.

3. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

4. 2Sandwiches

2Sandwiches Guest

Thank heaven too. Mike Newlin is a good guy but yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn hes no Calvin Murphy, who was already my favorite person in the world. Mike just made me love the guy more [​IMG].

5. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Hey 2sandwiches are you gonna keep that nickname. Boy that has to SUCK for you that fatboy got cut.

------------------
    There can be only one...

6. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Well I would be surprised if any team signs his fat ass. He has no skills at all.

Fat **** , He is so lazy .

7. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

Could be worse, I noticed someone is using chrisjent as a nickname. Personally, I was thinking of switching to zantabak or richpetruska [​IMG]

8. 2Sandwiches

2Sandwiches Guest

Mulder,

that reminds me, i need to e-mail Clutch...

[This message has been edited by 2Sandwiches (edited January 13, 2000).]

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

At least those guys got to play. Wasn't there once a Serge Zwikker among the BBS members?

------------------
    Tanking is not acceptable. End of story.

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Calvin Murphy is the best damned color commentator in the business. Murph is an entertainer. Even when the Rockets are losing, I have a kick out of listening to Bill & Calvin. They are a terrific combo. No Cookies for Bill without #23.

The worst color commentator is Sean Elliott. I was watching Webber take Duncan back to college. Hell yeah, Kings won. All Elliott could talk about was David this and Tim that. What a suck up? Calvin tells you like it is. Spurs TV sucks. My only regret is Elie. I wish Super Mario was back in stripes.

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited January 14, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited January 14, 2000).]