1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring us the Tactical View option like Sky Sports does

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by deb4rockets, Jan 15, 2017.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was talking to a friend of mine in Ireland about the game last night. I said it drives me crazy that we get such a narrowed view watching the game on television. I complained about how they rarely show the plays developing, and we can't see the routes or options the quarterback has to throw to. It's only when the QB throws the ball that we see where it is going.

She said on Sky Sports they have a red button you can choose to get the tactical view when watching our football games. That is a view of the entire field, where you could see everything going on, like a wide angle perspective. I just wish our networks would give us the same option for viewing the games that way if we wanted to here in the U.S.A.

2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Yeah I'd love this option live for football games. Only way to see it is via All-22 but it is premium access.

3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

What is that? I've never heard of it.

4. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

http://www.nfl.com/coachesfilm

It's basically coaches film, "all-22" refers to seeing all 22 players on the field, much like the "tactical" view.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Oh, ok. If only our networks could give us that option like Sky Sports UK.

6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Yeah. All-22 you have to pay extra for it. Is the Sky Sports one free? If so, that's awesome

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

No, it is like ESPN over there, but a paid network like the NFL channel, but has lots of sports. Sky picked up some of the NFL games.

8. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Nah I know what Sky Sports is. I meant the tactical view option

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

All I know is my friend says they have that option watching the game on Sky. I guess it's just part of the package. I'll have to find out. But, if they have that view available then we could to, since the games are televised on this end. I guess the networks just have to give us that type of capability like Sky does.

tmactoyao likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Sorry to put out information in error. I was told wrong about the tactical view. My friend tried it tonight and said it looks like it is only available for Monday night English football Premiership league games. I would love to see the NFL networks start offering it though. That would be awesome.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  11. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

ESPN has the skycam which is what you see with madden. You can choose to just see that feed on the ESPN app.

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I wonder why they don't make that feed as an option on the television, or why other networks don't. On Sky, you just hit the red button on your TV for the different view from what I was told.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Seeing as how I have no idea on what exactly "the red button" is, it may be that TV providers in the US aren't using the same tech that they're using in the UK.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I know they used that option for Wimbledon, where viewers could watch any court they wanted to live on their TV.

15. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member