1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Scalabrine challeging people 1 on 1

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lihao, Dec 20, 2012.

1. AFS

AFS Member

You're delusional and you'd get destroyed. The kids in this video look bad because Scalabrine made them look bad. The same people probably tear up the court in rec leagues and pickup games, but the truth is that Scalabrine is good compared to any of us amateurs. There's a reason why Scalabrine managed to have such a lengthy NBA career despite being undersized and not very athletic.

DonatelloLimestone and chadyang like this.
  2. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

The weakest NBA player, would own everyone. Common Sense. All they do is basketball while all you do is couch surf.

chadyang likes this.
  3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Is there any famous street ballers? I 'm sure it will be a much better match, than these average joes...

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ever heard of And1? Hot Sauce, AO, Bone Collector, Silk, Professor, Skip 2 My Lou,...

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Scal would dunk the ball with his sweaty crotch all up in your face.

chadyang likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think Honey Bear could take on Scal, while simultaneously banging hot models and throwing away money because he rich like that.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Just on a different level athletically. One of my friends went to school with a kid who went for just some college tryouts in the US (from Australia) and he said everybody was just on a completely different level athletically. Just bigger, stronger, faster, longer, everything.

8. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

keyword in the scalabrini challenge was "handpicked opponents"

Let me handpick my opponents too and watch me destroy them

DaDakota likes this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

One of the people (the first opponent) was part of Syracuse's roster last year, according to the article.

And it isn't as though all the people he handpicked were short, chubby, and out of shape overall.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He reminds me of the old guy at the Y. He's just younger, taller, and in better shape. He should coach.

11. CertifiedTroll

This is amazing

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

In this case, handpicked means that he wanted people who could actually CHALLENGE him. He's not going around picking the sweaty, fat guy at LA Fitness who can barely make it up the court twice. The first guy played for Syracuse, and in case you didn't watch the video, the other guys were all at least 6'-4" and above from the looks of it. In order to make it in the NBA, you have to be amongst the world's best. Even bench warmers are elite athletes. The whole notion that scrubs off the street were challenging him in the first place is ridiculous......and the fact that, after watching the video, people are STILL doubting his ability is even dumber.

13. moose

moose Member

lol those are boston's best players?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's worth remembering videos like this when we have the thought that some NBA player sucks at basketball. Just remember: No NBA player sucks at basketball, and every NBA player is almost certainly better than you at basketball.

16. steveng125

steveng125 Member

This dude got lit up by the white mamba lol Honestly, scalabrine wouldn’t beat me one on one, scalabrine is one of the easiest guys to beat.

dmoneybangbang, Jontro and chadyang like this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You are delusional. He would beat any joe not in the NBA. There is a reason you don’t play in the league and he did. No offense but takes like this are stupid.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How many times did he get fouled and still score?

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's 6'9. He would crush you and the majority of the world in a 1 v 1.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Any NBA player is likely closer to LeBron than you are to him.