1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Cushing wants to hit something (SI Article)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sugrlndkid, Jul 29, 2013.

1. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

2. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Yeah there were Chron articles during OTAs/Mini Camp that Cush was pissed off while rehabbing on the opposite fields of the practices and that he was b****ing that they weren't letting him due what he wanted.

I've got a strong feeling he will contend for DPOY this year along with Watt.

3. Fantasma Negro

I just love this dude

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty cool stat. Even with JJ's emergence as a super-force inside, I think it could be argued that Cushing might be as important to this defense as anyone.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Which is why I find it annoying when people say this team was "pretty healthy" last season, and that injuries didn't affect their season like it did in 2011.

Cushing is one of the best defensive players on this team... and he plays possibly the most important position with this system. He's basically the defense version of Schaub in that there is no reliable replacement for such an important position.

The defense was noticeably worse. beginning with the very first game following his injury (the GB SNF disaster).

6. Raven

Raven Member

Sweet Mother of God, if I don't get some NFL soon, I think I'm gonna die.

;)

7. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

true dat...this is the most painful time of the year for sports. baseball sucks.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I need to change my shorts.....

9. the shark

the shark Member

Love his passion and energy!!!!

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Going to be good to see 56 back out there.

11. Mashing

Mashing Member

They need to have Watt and Cushing doing that "1 vs 1" thing they do at home games.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G_al6jcWMzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sf_aimIs5Ew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Fantasma Negro

Oh God, I think I know what drug addict feels like. I'm shaking and sweating, the season needs to start already

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm ready for us to line up against the pats again with Cush out there.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I'm feeling it. The Astros season can't end soon enough. Somebody kick a football and blow some cool air into SouthEast Texas.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Pretty sure Brian Cushing wants to hit Matt Slauson's knee.

As soon as you get the chance in a legal scenario, Brian...as soon as you get the chance

17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes I think back to the early Texans years when all we had to sustain us at this time of year was whatever justification/delusion we had concocted at that time to convince ourselves that maybe, just maaaayyyyybbbe David Carr wouldn't be a gigantic train wreck THIS year...maybe?

Feels like forever ago but it wasn't, really. If we had to go back to that anytime soon I think I might go insane now that we are finally getting to see a truly competitive team week in and week out.

18. 45souf

45souf Member

If he plays lights out this year, I wonder how much he will re-sign for?

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Listening to the locals complain (sports radio hosts, etc.), you'd think this team was about to embark on a 2-14 season.

Its funny how the Texans went from laughing stock franchise to a disappointment that they haven't won the Super Bowl almost instantaneously.... most teams get at least some time to enjoy simply being a "good team" before not meeting expectations take their toll.

Last year was the first year the Texans were expected to make the playoffs... within that season they became possible Super Bowl contenders... and then had a disappointing finish. Now, allofasudden, they're a past their prime team that missed their best chance to win it all.

There are 25+ NFL teams that would trade rosters/situations with the Texans in a nano-second.