1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Brent Barry>>>>>>>>>Luther Head

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanskan, Jun 28, 2008.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I thought *when healthy last season our biggest need was a solid backup 2 with good handles.

When Francis got injured it was Luthers job to lose and he stayed ahead of Snyder/Green in the rotation. Luther is a one trick pony who has disapeared in the playoffs the last two seasons. I belive if Yao had not been injured and we would of signed Barry we are in the finals.

It's Time to win now and with Landry getting a raise we need to be realistic about upgrading the roster so here is the perfect fit. A guy that can play both the point and the 2 and someone you can trust with the ball unlike Luther. He is also someone that the other team can not leave because of how well he shoots the three.

I was at a private event Friday at the Toyota Center and Morey confirmed intrest and also said Barry was going to come here if Yao did not get injured last season and that he had been looking to join the Rockets for a while.

I know he is 36 but if we are trying to win now it makes sense.

I can't really talk about some of the things Morey said since it was off the record but I do have a funny story about Spanoulis, Morey said he thought Billy had the potential to be the starting gaurd but that he had a hard time adjusting (we know this) and that he got down because of lack of playing time. What we did not know was that his mother was in Every meeting between Spanoulis and the front office and made call after call to the front office. CD and Morey wanted to keep him but things of course worked out well with Scola.

Morey is a nice guy and I really trust his judgement on players and no DaDakota Spanoulis will not be back in the NBA.

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

If the rockets trade Head for Barry, do you think the spurs will agree?

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

I thought the Spurs gave Barry a two year contract?

4. texanskan

Barry is a free agent, if the Spurs want Head I am dam sure the Rockets would be glad to listen to them or any other team that wants him

5. texanskan

no he is a free agent

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Batum and Head for the sign and traded Barry. I could have seen them going for that. Oh well.

7. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Brent Barry for the right price could be a nice addition he is certainly an upgrade to Head. I believe Brent Barry though is down the line of other possible options from the sound of it.

8. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't know what type of head you gettin.

10. verse

verse Contributing Member

brent's much beloved here in sa. I don't see the spurs parting ways with him. mike finley, however, is attainable. he won't be more than around 2MM per, he can still stroke the j, and he's a good locker room guy.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Streaky though. Good enough to replace Head, not good enough to sure up our coveted backup swingman with size spot.

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

no, barry is not a FA. the spurs signed him for next season (player option ?). so, barry will be a spur again if he still wants to play.

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

Brent Barry??? Heck I give em Novak and Head for him. He is a very intelligent player and can flat out ball. He strokes that 3 pointer better than his brother.

14. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

I am very curious if Barry would have picked to sign with the Rox instead of the Spurs last season had Yao not gone down.

Guess we'll never find out.

15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

they traded him to Seattle and Seattle buyout that contract
    he re-signed with Spurs for the remaining of 08 season
    he's now free agent

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

When the Rockets courted Barry they offered him a two year contract.

After Barry re-signed with the Spurs. I remember reading an article where a writer speculated the Spurs might have done the same to trump the Suns.

17. cskerlecz

cskerlecz Member

After how much his brother, Jon Barry, back stabs the Rockets organization, I hate anyone and everyone named Barry.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you want an over the hill scorer to back up McGrady, I'd rather have Finley than Barry. Finley is not consistent. But he is the kind of guy who can step up one night and win the game for you when nobody else can hit. Barry can only do spotty jobs.

19. monster

monster Member

we've been trying to woo brent barry for the past few years. i've lost interest, unless he's the only decent player available.

20. zforrest

zforrest Member

Jon Barry is now an ANALYST, not a player; therefore, his job is to impartially analyze teams and acknowledge when they suck. You're hating on him for only doing his job.