1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

your definition of break out is a little different than what we're seeing here. A break out doesn't mean exploding into a star

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nobody is breaking out to become some sort of Top 50 player All Star caliber player.

However...Capela jumping to a Top 15-20 center? Dekker moving into the rotation? Ennis being a reliable guard option? Those are some positive jumps I could see happening.

3. Drogba

Drogba Member

The only young guy on our roster with any sort of potential is Capela. Can he become a Deandre Jordan sort of Big with a respectable FT shooting %? Doubt it.

4. alethios

alethios Member

After stepping out from behind another's fading shadow, this man will have a breakout season:
    [​IMG] [/spolier]

5. Drogba

Drogba Member

The only young guy on our roster with any sort of potential is Capela. Can he become a Deandre Jordan sort of Big with a respectable FT shooting %? Doubt it.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nah dude, you got it wrong:
    DMo = Dirk Nowitski
    KJ = Lebron James
    Harrell = Otis Thorpe
    Dekker = Dwyane Wade

7. atam

atam Member

We don't need all stars...we need a team that doesn't rotate players year in and year out.

My keys to a successful season:

Offense:
    1) Have Harden officially run the point --> Good call D'antoni
    2) Have a constant motion offense where after his first pass, Harden plays off the ball and can spot up and shoot a la Klay Thompson
    3) Have PBev average 12 points a game and Clint average 15 points a game (all within the flow of the offense)
    4) If anybody is stationary or holds the ball for more than 4 seconds, make them do 1000 pushups
    5) Lead the league in passes/assists
    6) Have Clint get at least 15 post touches a game

Defense:
    1) Move together as a team (don't rely at all on one on one defense)
    2) Don't be too aggressive trying to get steals, just stay in front of your man
    3) Have a backup plan for whoever Harden guards
    4) Don't try to play perfectly, stick to fundamentals, and contest shots

If we do the above, we can at least be a 6 seed.

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Capela filling out nice. Year 3 baby. Harden-Capela PnR death duo.

[​IMG]

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He looks like he has gone from 19 years old to 23 to 30. Boy ageing fast.

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why would we care about Clint developing a post game?

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Clint just has to play his game . I'm glad he isn't trying to bulk up too much . I still remember his first year in the playoffs , he made smart , solid plays and used his quickness and feet defensively .

He doesn't have to become some deandre Jordan clone , he isn't that big or strong . He's gotta use his speed and solid team play to find a role with the team and play smart .

It's not a coincidence that the teams that play the most fundamentally sound and solid are usually the best teams ( controlling for talent )

As a former European player , and playing with smart players like James and Dmo and Ariza , Clint can really take a step forward .

The same goes for every player. We need to improve our team play and make it so that we function more than the sum of our parts.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Clint at This stage in his career is actually better than deandre was at this point. Now I'm not saying that he will be a deandre level player this season or in fact any season going forward but it is interesting none the less.

Deandre has been great the last 2 seasons but he's going into his 9th season This year. He didn't avg a double double till his 6th season and he was 25 years old.

Clint is entering his 3rd season and is still only 22 and he play the whole year at that age till around the playoff time. Deandre birthday is roughly 6 weeks later in case any of you were wondering.

So you can make a case that hes trending towards that sort of player at least in terms of numbers. Whether there impact is the same who knows. Deandre Is prob always going to be better overall defender and rebounder although I think Capela is a damn good shot blocker. But I do think Clint is the better offensive player. He's got much better touch around the hoop than deandre and actually has shown in glimpses of being a better ft shooter.

I don't think it would surprise me at least if he put up 12/10/2 this year but I hope he can hit 15/12/2. I think the only way he gets to 15-16ppg with by increasing his ft% to 60+.

Now I see many of you are laughing about the Dekker 20/7/4 line and I get it there's prob a 5% chance he ever becomes that kind of player but he does have the skill set and that's why I put him on this breakout performer list with Clint.

Obviously Clint has a better chance at developing intro a 15/12 guy than Dekker does of getting to 20/7/4 but I just really wanted to see which position at that kind of Allstar level production you guys thought was more important.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Because something more is always better than something less?

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member