1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If Nene has one of these magical years for some reason, Gordon and Anderson can stay healthy, Harden puts up Mvp type numbers like he always does, and Capela goes Ibaka. Ariza and bev play lock down. Why not 50 wins? I mean they have to play like Jeff said in top 20 near 15 on defense, and be a stellar offensive team i say 4th in offense, consistency. I see if harden needs rest, gordon and anderson has to be on the floor. Ariza and bev will have to play alot and focus on defense only and 3's when the team needs runs. Why not. Anything can happen its a new year, some teams are already getting scared of houston by offensive numbers if healthy...

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Because it is rare in real life that this many "ifs" pan out.

50 wins is going to require an amazing stroke of luck, effort and chemistry. There are a dozen teams in the West with a roster as good as ours who could hit at least 50 with that many "ifs" going their way.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be shocked. But it's not a realistic expectation.

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

double post

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

What does this mean? You think there's any chance either of these players become All Stars this year? How much do you want to bet? How much? It's ludicrous. I subjectively think Moses Malone will rise again and be our leading scorer. People are entitled to have their own opinion, but other people are equally entitled to their opinion - that the original opinion was absurd.

5. jamesdelia

jamesdelia Member

kj will have a breakout year if he gets used.. showed in the minutes he was given that he is fantastic perimeter defender and he can hold his own inside against undersized forwards. The thing stopping KJ is his shooting, if he can become a reliable 3 point shooter, even 33-35% that will make him a fantastic bench option for the Rockets. Will bartonesque year for him

kevtse likes this.
  6. varughese.arun

MO DONUTS...aka...DMO.
    HE WILL HAVE THE BREAK OUT SEASON. This season for DMO will be like the release day of a prison inmate who goes straight to the hotel room w his GF. DMO is going IN!

15/10 w 35% from 3's.

JK... I don't believe this.

I think DEKKER will very surprising this year. If S. Marion was made a star, I'm certain MD will make a star outta Dekker!

#26 varughese.arun, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Clint, Sam and yeah, KJ too, all of them have the chance to make a good step forward this season, maybe not that big, but i think it's ok to expect KJ playing finally like a solid 3&D guy, Dekker playing like (let's say) a young version of Parsons and Clint doing his 10+10+2 with ok defense. For me, this would be a solid outcome for us, everything more than this would be a great plus.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think Clint has the best chance to become an all-star but I just don't know if he will be consistent enough for that to happen. Honestly, if he averages 10/10/2 and shoots 50/60 while playing great defense I will be ecstatic. I just can't help be remember the giant wall he slammed into last season after playing so well.

If he can break into the rotation then I think Sam Dekker will surprise people. He has a complete game. What I really hope for is for Eric Gordon to play well enough to earn 6th man of the year and a possible all-star spot. If he has a healthy season then he could be the one.

But the guy that really has me intrigued is Tyler Ennis. This is his 3rd year in the league (Rudy T used to say players make their biggest leap in the 3rd year) and he is in a system that I think is perfect for his skill set, plus I think the team around him is going to be really good. If Beverley gets injured for any length of time I think could see D'antoni move him into the starting line-up (providing he is playing well) instead of moving EG out of the 6th man role.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think Harrell is going to breakout.......somebody's teeth!

saleem likes this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

le$ gonna breakout and sell the team.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope that he will do this.

12. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

What exactly would it look like if Clint "broke out?" Would he magically develop a mid-range game? A post game? Would he start shooting 80%+ from the FT line?

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd say some sort of decent post game and 60% ft%

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

At this stage for him, averaging a double double throughout the full season with meaningful minutes constitutes as a break out imo. And by meaningful he's in there during critical times consistently in games and not in when the game is out of reach

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If Dekker could put up 8/4/3 it would be a breakout for him.
    If Capela can put up 10/10 it would be a breakout for him.

And I don't mean that sarcastically. What we need is for each player to be what they can be, rather than needing someone to jump to all-star level. An MDA/Bzdelik coached team is going to need a balanced effort to hit its potential.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All Clint has to do is make some free throws and get older, bigger and wiser. He is already elite in the pick and roll, and with the added shooting and Mike D'Antoni he is going to feast.

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Tyler ennis is clearly the best hope for a breakout season especially with this coach and system and his skillset.

18. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Not gonna happen.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Probably right, you were asking about a break out though, not a regular development.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wow sorry but too many delusional people here. Nobody's going to break out and nobody has star written all over them. D-Mo, if he signs, KJ, Harrell and Dekker will not all of a sudden turn into monsters. Capela might have a nice year, but expecting a DJ / Ibaka type breakout is just disappointment waiting to happen.