1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking News!!! Houston Rockets win the NBA Lottery!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by adagio75, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adagio75

adagio75 Member

I prophesy that we will win the nba lottery, and have the # 1 pick ! :grin: Within the last 50 years the rockets have been lucky enough to have had 5 of the top centers to ever play the game on their rosters. Elvin Hayes was drafted # 1 by the rockets in 1968. We got Moses Malone 8 yrs later via trade, but you might as well say we drafted him because he is known for his best years as a Rocket not a 76er :p . Hakeem was drafted in 1984 as the # 1 pick by us. Then Yao Ming was drafted almost 18 years later as the # 1 pick by us. We have never been without a superstar center for more than a year, and that year without a great center was only because of that sad day that we traded the great HOF Hakeem to purgatory in 2001 to Toronto, but..... with that Rocket Magic we won the # 1 pick in the draft and got Yao the very next year :cool:. Drafting great centers is in our blood! Its our destiny! It's our design! So now we have the 10 year anniversary of the Rockets drafting Yao Ming arriving, and low and behold....... Anthony Davis the best center to come out of college since Dwight Howard will be available at the # 1 spot. We are also without a great center, and it has been almost 1 year since Yao retired :(. Rocket history shows that everytime the Rockets have lost a great center, we seem to always get get the # 1 pick in the draft and replace him with another Allstar caliber big man by winning the NBA lottery. Sooooo the winds are silent, and the sea is calm. It's a scene for the NBA's perfect Houston Rocket storm. I believe just like The Legend of Bagger Vance, that special magic will return with the 2012 draft. We will arise victorious! :grin: I know i know....... very dramatic with the movie references, but hey i love movies and i love my Houston Rockets!!!! I can invision Anthony Davis with his red and white Rocket hat towering over David Stern with a big Kool-aid smile as the next center piece in Rocket History!!! Can you see it???? Can you see it ??? :eek:

2. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

My prediction is you will lose the ability to start threads.

2 people like this.
  4. da_juice

da_juice Member

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Contributing member? :(

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's amazing how this horrible idea of a title survived the entire writing of that wall of text.

1 person likes this.
  7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.