1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Rush

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jopatmc, Jan 12, 2012.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Finally getting his shot in Golden State after being buried in Indiana. I was high on him when he was drafted. Looks like he's gonna be a really good player. He's just scratching the surface of his potential right now. Good defender. Good shooter. Nice handle. He's going to keep getting better.

2. cod

cod Member

Rush was never buried in Indiana. He was just disappointing. He's putting up the same inconsistent game to game numbers as when he was on the Pacers.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You think so? I think he's getting minutes and coming into his own. I watched him at KU a lot. He's got NBA game and with increased minutes is being very efficient and effective with them....on both sides of the ball.

I wished he was an unrestricted free agent this summer.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

This is the problem with Brandon Rush. You cannot view him as a player with potential because that is not the type of player he is. He is a consistent role player at best, and those are dime a dozen.

6. what

what Member

Dude's lighting it up tonight!

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

What ever happened to his brother Kareem?

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bench fodder inflating his numbers in a running system...

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I agree but I always wonder why people only say the unpopular players in running systems have inflated stats.

Brandon Rush can be a good role playing scorer either off the bench or spacing the floor for a star but he's not a special player. His brother Kareem was similar but I think he got injured and couldn't keep up the shooting.

I would say he's in a contract year but I don't think he's really playing any harder, his shots are just falling more. But, yeah, the guy doesn't have any real upside. He'll be 27 this summer.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Any team that depends on Brandon Rush as a key rotation player is doomed to failure. I'm sooooo glad he's gone from the Pacers. The Warriors can HAVE the guy.