1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brains or Beauty

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LCAhmed, Aug 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

So, the age old question. Brains vs Beauty. I think most people will instinctively say Brains. It's the politically correct answer, but in reality, is it really better? I think ideally, everyone would like a balance of intelligence and beauty, but that's not always going to happen unfortunately.

So my question is, if you had to be real with yourself, would you want your significant other to be beautiful, or intelligent? I think, since I think of myself as a pretty sharp and intelligent guy, I'd like to add beauty to the mix. However, I also find deep conversations to be one of the most enjoyable things in life. I may not be able to do that with a beautiful girl who's dumb as rocks.

So let's get drastic here, Ugly girl who's incredibly intelligent or beautiful girl who's as dumb as it gets?

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Brains and it is not even close.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Beauty. Dumb people seem to be nicer. Smart people seem to be assholes.

4. dragician

dragician Member

well as long as she doesn't stink..

5. i3artow i3aller

Brains. You can't fix stupid :grin:

6. i3artow i3aller

7. bongman

bongman Member

This is tough. If Brains, she will realize real quick that she can do a lot better than me. Beauty, the same. :(

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Really? I see lots of dumb assholes who seem to have been convinced that evidence is too biased to be trusted and facts are trumped by the opinions of pundits.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Brawn.

I prefer chicks that are swoller and emasculate me.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

If you are going to choose your spouse based on those two characteristics then you're eventually going to be very disappointed! NOTHING beats chemistry! There a lot of good-looking/ smart couples who are dying to get a divorce. Find someone you can trust, makes you laugh, and is not high maintenance and you'll be giving yourself the best gift you will ever receive, do the opposite and you'll regret that you ever laid eyes on her in the first place.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have to have a mix of both. There is a sliding Beauty/Brains scale that sets minimum acceptable values for both categories.

For example, if she's a 1 when it comes to brains, she better be a 10 when it comes to beauty. If she's a 7 when it comes to beauty she better be at least a 4 when it comes to brains. I'm sure women have a similar scale for men.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

But you are a girl...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a9v8hcAezkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Brains. If you connect on that level, she will be the most beautiful woman in the world to you.

14. Raven

Raven Member

For your wife? Beauty over brains, always.

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Beauty.

You need a reasonable mix of both, but at the end of the day, if she's so ugly I struggle to look at her, there is no way for it to work.

I can always have friends to carry on intelligent discussions with.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Extremes never work

You have to be good enough looking to be desirable on some level
    and you have to be smart enough not to be repulsive

Rocket River

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Beautiful. Then I'd have a side piece with whom I'd talk about books and independent films.

18. Remii

Remii Member

Laws of attraction...

But if you talk too much to your woman... You'll probably end up showing her how weak you are and she'll run over you and or let other guys bang her when you're at work or away on a business trip. Lol...

Yea, it's called your pay scale... Lol...

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can she cook, doe

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thing is, how in love can you really be with a girl if you don't find her attractive? People can learn to love each other, grow as people together and fall in love no matter how vast the personality's are, but on the other hand if you just don't find someone attractive it's hard to get over that, every time you see an attractive girl you'l wonder what your doing being with a girl you don't find attractive.