1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BR]LeBron James Should Listen to Long-Shot Pitch from Daryl Morey, Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, Jun 21, 2014.

1. TheresTheDagger

2. Moleb

Moleb Member

makes a lot of sense.. seems similar to what i posted on clutches thread on lebron.

Good post man, thanks for sharing.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

if i were him i would do it. although 45 million is a lot to give up.

if he stays in miami though there is a chance he never wins another ring. and could even make it back to the finals and lose again and severely tarnish his legacy at that point.

4. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I don't think Lebron James is willing to make a 5 year commitment with the aging Miami Heat.

5. TheresTheDagger

Stating he would be "giving up 45 million" is an overstatement. What they always fail to take into account is that the 5th year he could get with Miami would simply be the 1st year of his next contract.....assuming of course its a 4 year deal in Houston. Also, Houston has the advantage of no state income tax vs. most other states (although not including Florida).

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

you are correct with everything you said. except of course if he had a injury that ended his career or slowed him down enough to where he wasnt a max player any longer.

but yes it is an overstatement and its annoying that its always stated like that.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Sounds good to me. Come on over LeBron.

8. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Is anybody else skeptical that Morey already has deals for Lin and Asik lined up. Didn't we hear the same thing last year with T-rob and a first rounder? Also, classing Lin and Asik together as "complimentary players" is off in my opinion. Asik can easily lead the league in rebounding if given minutes and his ability to rebound with a fast outlet pass is highly underrated. Asik's ability to start the fast break with a quick outlet is among the best in the league, maybe only second to Kevin Love. Asik might even be more valuable in that regard because unlike Love, his rim protection creates more of those opportunities.

9. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

I could see him opting in for one year and seeing how things shake out and leaving next summer, but I could also see him recognizing that the Rockets give him the best chance to win and jumping on it.

10. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

It actually makes so much sense for him from a basketball perspective. dont see it ever happening but i would love to be wrong.

If we got Lebron and then managed to keep a hold of parsons, with Bev and Tjones also still on the books...wow

11. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Don't forget to use iPad Air Morey.LOL