1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BR/Ken Berger] Chris Paul's agent requested a trade two weeks ago

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 19, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Serviceable question. Well, it was reported that MDA's agent was complaining about his client agreeing with Morey and Fertitta behind his back.

So I think one party can act on his own, usually it is the client and not the agent.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

But Mike is super old and the talks are probably related to some specific points of the contract, in Chris Paul's case i don't really get how his agent asks for a trade if it's not him asking for a trade, makes zero sense to me.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can only speculate that his agent might not be on the best speaking terms with the FO.

And the media got wind of it and took it further.

I dun follow many other sports but in soccer players have gone on a strike to push their agenda.

I dun think that is possible in the NBA.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Suddenly, just after a year his client got his max deal he has problems with the fo...i just don't see it, you either believe Chris wants out or not imo.

D-rock likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun believe anything right now, in this case I'll stick it out.

The team has to function, and function well enough, that is all that matters. At the end Chris is just a cog, an important piece of the machine.

But just a cog.

It is natural for JH and Chris having convos about playing style, they play the same position.

#105 daywalker02, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  6. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

No matter how many reports surface, Rockets homers will still stay in denial. "Nah, no such thing as fire where there's smoke! Fake news! They all just hate us!"

DaDakota likes this.
  7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

welp whether the rumors are true or not, if we decide to "run it back" and still fail to get to the finals with the west "wide open", i guess the next move is big trades right? i mean idk where else to go from there other than making big moves to save the future.

8. cebu

cebu Member

Too late for rockets. Harden is simply a selfish stats player.

DaDakota likes this.