1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Pacquiao VS Hatton

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by coolweather, Apr 24, 2009.

?

Who will win?

1. Pacquiao

142 vote(s)
    89.9%
  2. Hatton

16 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. been_exed

been_exed Member

i'm still waiting on bladeage's response to the knockout.

2. JJae

JJae Member

Congrats to Pacquiao becoming the first ever fighter to win 4 lineal championships in 4 weight classes.

Hatton who's never lost at 140 just got whooped by a guy who previously reached his max weight at 130 lbs... How about the perfect game plan from roach and pacquiao. One thing that people forget to acknowledge is how well roach and pac prepare for every fight for the last decade. When roach predicted 3 rounds, people wanted whatever roach was smoking. He was actually being humble by saying 3 rounds.

Mayweather SR, he's a shame, he shouldn't abandoned his fighter, win or lose.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Mayweather about to make a comeback and shut the pacman dowwwwn!!

I love Pacman, but I love Money May more!!

Going to be an epic fight!

4. JJae

JJae Member

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Man I hope they monitor Hatton closely for a while. He could easily start some brain bleeding at any time. Dude should seriously hang up his gloves; he's had a great run and has nothing to prove. He showed serious stones, but his health is really on the line if he takes another beating like that one.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That was an absolute epic beat down --> Pac vs. Mayweather --> make it happen.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I can't see Mayweather getting knocked out. He's too fast and fights too defensively to leave himself open. Pacquiao will win in 12.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

LOL -- I'm getting a ballet ad in this thread. Nice match to the topic.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't know why hatton hired him. He didn't seem to listen to a word he said.

10. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Hatton did exactly what I said he should not have done... kept his hands down and did not move his head.

Hatton basically said, "Ok Pac, come whoop my ass, and I am going to do nothing to defend myself" pitiful performance by Ricky.

And yes Floyd would still rip Pac up... Floyd isn't going to stand right in front of Pac with both hands down and no head movement.

I'm lookin forward to the Marquez/Mayweather matchup...

11. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

"Everyone has a plan, 'till they get punched in the mouth..."

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Unless your name is Roy Jones, Jr., and you have a time machine to get you back to 1999, going hands down and non-moving head is probably a very unsafe call...........

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

or if you're an idiot like mayorga

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j-BFScdlnvQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j-BFScdlnvQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Interesting... Roach said that he heard Floyd Sr. was more than an hour late to the arena.

Also, it was noted by a boxing reporter that (1) Hatton and Floyd Sr. barely spoke in the tunnel, and (2) Floyd Sr. stayed after the fight to sign autographs, chat with fans, etc. rather than going with Hatton to the hospital.

15. CTaxt

CTaxt New Member

16. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Agreed.

17. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

You just can't accept defeat.

Hatton's style of boxing is agressive. When he was hit with that right and left hook by Manny, Ricky was trying to make a move. Do you expect him to move his head? It's like asking a basketball player to do a fade-away lay-up. :D

18. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I can't accept defeat? I didn't lose anything. I'm not even a Hatton fan, I just thought he had a good chance of beating Pacman.

Hatton got whooped plain and simple. But yes, if you are going to box, you have to maintain some type of movement, especially if you are moving forward. Hatton thought he could move in and counter Manny's right before the left came. Which MIGHT have worked, had he kept his right hand up and maybe shot a left hook to the body.

I think Hatton just underestimated Manny. He figured hes a natural jr.welter so he could just run him over.

Hatton is going to struggle to bounce back from this loss. I don't see him getting anymore big fights anytime soon.

19. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

You voted for Hatton right?

20. joesr

joesr Member

woot bring it may