1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Pacquiao VS Hatton

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by coolweather, Apr 24, 2009.

?

Who will win?

1. Pacquiao

142 vote(s)
    89.9%
  2. Hatton

16 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Knocking out someone quicker doesn't make you the better fighter. Mayweather is a defensive counter puncher, Pacquiao is an offensive machine. Both great fighters, different styles.

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I have to admit, I did think for a moment that they would be taking him out on a stretcher. lol. Damn, what an ass beating.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

mayweather prides himself on defense and counter punching. he scores points....im not sure if pacman can just come out like that against mayweather. he'll be forced to fight smarter. it's damn near hard to hit mayweather. him and bhop use that shoulder really well to avoid those headshots... i think he'll get picked apart if he just comes out floyd like that

4. esteban

esteban Member

Pinoy Pride! I'll bet you no one will be able to sleep in the PI tonight.

BTW: too bad for Ricky he was trained by a loud mouth r****d!

5. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

People always fall in love with punchers. This is a story old as time, and not even Muhammad Ali taking out George Foreman is going to stop people from dismissing boxers as inferior fighters.

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I knew Pac Man would destroyed him. Hatton ain't a boxer. The guy is just a grappler. Punch and grab. Mayweather is going to get knocked out too by Manny. Mayweather doesn't box. He's one of those guys who jab and run away.

7. tigereye

tigereye Member

After that display of simple domination, Pacquiao vs. Mayweather needs to happen.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Exactly...

9. Nice Rollin

lol what??? jabs and runs away? is that what you call what everyone else calls fighting smart? i love manny, but lets not slap mayweather in the face...the guy is a beast. they both are

10. what

what Member

I like Marquez. Kinda ruins that theory of yours.

Besides, I made the statement partly as a vindication of hatton. Nobody, not even hatton himself, thought he was going to get beat down like this.

11. Mattj

Mattj Member

If Floyd was smart he would pull out of the Marquez fight and go straight to Manny. The Marquez fight is high risk with little reward. The winner basically gets Manny. Marquez can beat him and won't be the pay day that Pacquio would be. Floyd/Manny has a chance to match Delahoya/Trinidad in non-heavyweight pay-per-view buys.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

13. Nice Rollin

haha.....for all those that missed fight...here it is right here...

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Fell bad for whoever ordered the fight.

Then again for someone to order a boxing match their pockets must be doing pretty good anyway.

16. engr chris

engr chris Member

Manny's right hook was there all day. Hatton was wide open. I think it was a good decision for Hatton to leave Floyd Sr. and train with Roach. If you can beat them, join then.

17. Nice Rollin

he already left floyd sr.?

18. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Point taken, but you should know better then to even bring up how many rounds a fighter takes to knock someone out as a barometer for how they are going to do against another fighter.

There are too many variables in boxing. Hatton knocked out Castillo in 4 when Mayweather couldn't even hurt him in 24. Yet Mayweather still KO'd Hatton.

Maybe Hatton had his chin "broken" by Mayweather, he was hurt by a lightweight in Lazcano and untested against feather fisted Malignaggi. We don't know if he's the same guy he was before the Mayweather fight.

Mayweather's shoulder roll won't be very effective agaisnt Pacquiao, so he will employ a high guard like he did against Zab Judah and work behind lead rights. I don't see Pacquiao putting him down. If Pacquiao is able to knock him out, he is a top 10 all timer. It's a great fight and nobody should complain about Floyd not fighting welterweights anymore because he doesn't have the belt.

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Loved it ... Pac-Man winds again!

20. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

That's the reason why Mayweather will get destroyed by Manny. Look at what happen to Hatton. His stupid grappling style did not work on Manny. If he want's to be successful against Manny, he better fight like Juan Manuel Marque. We'll see how he does against Juan Manuel Marque.