1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Deontay Wilder bandwagon thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KingCheetah, Aug 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

31-0 all KO's -- Woo Woo...
    ______

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bJqkNLq6dDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I think we should wait until he fights somebody that is notable.

Jontro likes this.
  3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Someone's going to see his open stance flaws and just exploit that open and defenseless wingspan and WHAM-O, down goes Frazier. :eek:

He looks POWERFUL. I'll get on this bandwagon just before someone outsmarts him.

Jontro likes this.
  4. VanityHalfBlack

I love this gif!!!

Jontro likes this.
  5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Fantasize all you want about a black champion, Dr Steelhammer would give him a dirtnap.

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

He'd hug him to death.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

the only reason he'd jug him is so he doesnt keep falling down.

#justhayethings

8. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I'm hopeful for him, everyone knows he needs to fight some real opposition. The thing is, that is scarce in the heavyweight division. The last American heavyweight, Seth Mitchell, hopeful turned out not so great.

9. KingCheetah

As did my Seth Mitchell band wagon thread.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

cmon man, here you go with the kiss of death to Wilder. Probably gets KTFO in his next fight :(

I too am rooting for Wilder. He is awesome to watch and that power is ridiculous. Thats what you want to see from heavyweights. But he does fight wild and has been rocked in a fight. We have yet to see him truly tested. That's why I want to see this Stiverne fight take place. If he can take a punch from Stiverne, I think Wilder takes that fight.

11. KingCheetah

Wilder, Fury interested in showdown

What newly crowed heavyweight titleholder Deontay Wilder will do next remains to be seen but he has a perfect plan in mind. He’d like to defend his title against British big man Tyson Fury and then face Wladimir Klitschko, the recognized champion, to unify the belts.

“In my perfect world I would want that to happen,” Wilder said after he rolled to a dominant decision win to claim a belt from Bermane Stiverne on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Of course, we all know this is not a perfect world, so while Wilder’s plan sounds terrific, it has an unlikely chance of happening right away.

Fury, 26, is scheduled to fight Christian Hammer on Feb. 28 at the O2 Arena in London in what is supposed to be a tuneup for a mandatory fight with Klitschko later in the year, but he also has expressed interest in challenging Wilder, who is 29.

“It was big man versus little man and the big man boxed tall, just as I did against Dereck Chisora,” Fury said in breaking down Wilder’s victory against Stiverne. “He outboxed the smaller man with ease. Wilder did a good job on Stiverne and he's now got the WBC title. That puts him in line for big fights against people like me, Wladimir Klitschko and whoever else. America has a new heavyweight champion of the world and the big boys are back in the division. The division has been set on fire again.

“It was definitely the result I wanted. Stiverne, although a good champion, was a bit of an unknown. Nobody knew who he was and nobody cared. Now America has a new heavyweight champion. Also, Wilder's undefeated and a knockout artist. That means the division has been given a lift and we're all back in business.”

The 6-foot-9 Fury (23-0, 17 KOs) also began to do what he always does: talk trash about a future possible opponent.

“I don't like Deontay Wilder and he doesn't like me,” Fury said. “I think he's a big hype job. We once had a bit of a falling out in Sheffield at one of [promoter] Mick Hennessy's boxing shows and I told him one day I will get him in the ring and knock him out. That is still my plan.

“He's got a title now and I'm the mandatory challenger for Wladimir Klitschko. In an ideal world I'd like to fight Klitschko first, because he's got most of the belts and he's the No. 1 in the division, and then I'd like to unify all the titles against Deontay Wilder. Potentially, I'm three or four fights away from being the unified heavyweight champion of the world.”

Wilder (33-0, 32 KOs), of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who also can talk smack very well, as he did against Stiverne, had nothing bad to say about Fury.

“I would love to fight Tyson Fury,” the 6-7 Wilder said. “I think he’s doing a good job of what he’s doing in boxing as far as entertaining. I think he’s handling his business in the U.K. of entertaining and I’m doing the same thing in America, and I think that’s gonna be a big clash down the road.

“There’s nothing like the big guys going at it. It’s like a freak show. So I can’t wait on that one. I can’t wait for it.”

Fury said he figures that should a fight between them ever be set, the war of words would be highly entertaining.

“It would be the biggest-selling fight with the greatest smack talk in heavyweight history,” he said. “No other fight could come close to it. It would be pure entertainment. Back in the [Muhammad] Ali days, there was only one man doing the talking. The others wouldn't talk. This is different, though. We can both talk, we both play the press and we are both natural-born entertainers.

“That's why it's the biggest fight out there as far as I'm concerned. It's not just the biggest fight in the heavyweight division, it's the biggest fight in world boxing.

“I'm a big puncher, he's a big puncher, and it's just a matter of who lands first. I wouldn't go out there to try and outbox somebody who is probably quicker than me. I'd go out there to switch his lights off. I'd look to demolish him early. There'd be a guaranteed knockout in the early rounds. Either way, it will be over very fast.”

link

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ Thanks for those news. :eek: Looking forward to that one.

13. dragician

dragician Member

a gifted human being.

14. KingCheetah

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:12293317&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

15. SunsRocketsfan

That giant Russian dude would eat him alive.

16. KingCheetah

For everyone annoyed with May v. Paq -- let's pray this fight happens soon. You can read Wilder's quote at the link.
    ____

[​IMG]

Deontay Wilder: Klitschko Fight Will Definitely Happen

I believe Wilder when he says that it will happen because he has a decent relationship with Klitschko and the two would work hard to make the heavyweight fight everyone in the boxing world wants to see.

Now it’s up to Al Haymon to get to work and make it happen.

link

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I thought Klitschko was fighting Fury next?

Perhaps it should be Fury vs Wilder for a chance at Klitschko.

Also- those upset at Maypac already have more exciting fights to look forward to if they want- The Canelo fight this wkd and the GGG fight the following wkd.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yup, Klitschko will fight Fury next.

Also, I think no boxer has a chance vs. Wladimir, he's just too physical and smart. Him and Vitali are freaks of nature that had world-class coaching and are smart as well, perfect combination of everything.

Guys like Wilder and Fury may have more power than recent opponents, but Klitschko's jab and counters will make them look like amateurs.

19. KingCheetah

[​IMG]

Wilder vs. Molina

20. KingCheetah

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YriPzIzXFVE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.