1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bought an iPhone 5 this afternoon after using a flip phone for the past 5 years.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LCII, Dec 15, 2012.

1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Feels good bro.

Share your feels good bro moments that you've had in this topic. Doesn't have to be iPhone-related.

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I'm not trying to be a jerk but I switched to the GS3 from having 2 iPhones for 5 years total.

It was liberating. That's just me. Feels good, bro.

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Well, I'm a newbie smartphone user, so I feel like the iPhone is a good 'intro' for me into the smartphone world...

I did do a lot of reading on the S3 v iPhone 5 the past couple of days, but not a lot of articles explained what was so much liberating about the S3. Care to explain?

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What's liberating is that the S3 is not an Apple.

(i have an iPhone 5)

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Sure. It's not locked into iTunes. Sounds like a small deal but I can put music or other media on it from anywhere. I love the Allshare function which allows me to play my pictures and videos across my wireless network on my tv. No setup!
    Customization: to be completely honest, this is good and bad. I can make my phone look like and do pretty much anything but... I have to have the patience to design the appearance or know-how to customize widgets and apps to work together. It's been awesome and infuriating if I'm being honest.

Edit: let me clarify I'm not trying to derail the thread into another debate or Apple hate fest.

#5 Roxnostalgia, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Congrats, it's a great phone. The world of smartphones is pretty awesome in general.

Customization is a big advantage for the S3.

The other stuff, including minimizing iTunes usage or putting media from other sources, was already possible on the iPhone.

#6 Coach AI, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I always liked how the iPhone interface and buttons look, so not bummed about missing out on the customization of my smartphone...which will probably take more time and looking up stuff on the internet than I like. However, maybe in a couple of years when I develop more specific likes and dislikes, I'll want to get a more customizable smartphone.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Welcome to Team iPhone

9. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Had an iPhone for about a year. Used some of the early Android phones prior to that. I am really intrigued by the Galaxy Note II. That thing is big and beautiful. Anyone here got one? How you like it?

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm about to leave the iPhone world for the Galaxy Note II. I screwed around with my brothers phone tonight, and I love it. Just suits me better. Love the iPhone but it got boring and it's too small for my horrible vision.

11. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I don't know if shoving a bigger flashier screen at your eyes would be good for your vision bro :grin:

12. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Im sorry this is the first thing I thought of...
    [​IMG]
    I would much rather android than apple btw...

You know that we can't talk about phones without someone sh!tting on whatever platform....

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I bought a smart phone a week ago to replace my red flip phone, but the smart phone messed up because I wasn't using the original charger. Now I'm back with my flip phone and I'm fine with it.

14. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I just got my HTC Windows Phone 8X activated for work. It's a nice change from my iPhone 4S (my personal phone, which I still love, but I'm kinda getting bored with). Anyway, I'm really loving WP8 and it feels good bro.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i still use a $100 p.o.s. i bought 5 yrs ago that looks like a tank :p

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I have a galaxy note 2, and I don't think I can go back to tiny phones. Its like having a 50+ inch TV. It seems big at first, then after a few days it becomes the new norm. Now I can't see how anyone can operate on a tiny screen.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I have the Nexus 4. Loved this phone from the day I've had it. Getting great battery life, awesome performance, and stock Android is awesome as always. I just need to get a case because of the glass back. Incredible value for the price. The lack of LTE isn't a big issue for me although now there are findings that it does support limited LTE for AT&T so I'm going to see how that goes with my experience with this phone.

18. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

19. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Good choice. It was between that and a droid moto RAZR HD. Got the RAZR HD. My phone before that was the original RAZR.

20. Classic

Classic Member

Looking at winning my fantasy football playoff matchup today. Feels good, bros. [from my iphone]