1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bottom Ranked Sports City in America

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragonz, Apr 19, 2012.

1. dragonz

dragonz Member

Link

I know Bleachreport is not a legit source, but it does speak the truth on this matter.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I stopped reading at "sit outside" for the Astros. Bleacherreport is beyond worthless.

But then I read further and it suggested the Texans don't draw big crowds...which is the worst argument ever considering every home game they've ever had has been a sellout and they have a huge ass waiting list for season tickets.

And then I actually clicked the link...saw it was from April of 2011, and wondered why it was posted here in April 2012.

1 person likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You went on to read the Rocket part and then you said "Oh ****, that's pretty damn accurate. I'll be darned..."

4. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

F*** you BleacherReport. The Texans sell out every homegame.

1 person likes this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Big deal. It's just some random sports fan who lives in the Bay Area and the article is from 2011. By posting it, all you're doing is giving his articles additional hits.

6. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

Agreed Texans do quite well dude is an idiot who wrote that.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Why post this? What truth are you talking about? Astros play indoors when it's hot. Texans sell out every game.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

But but but The Cowboys are sooooo greaaaat!!! AMERICA'S TEAM!!!!

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

dude, you really posted a BleacherReport article? Seriously? just because they are at the top of the google search engine doesn't mean they are credible. Damn.

not to say the Astros aren't an embarassment, but come on ...Minute Maid is a freaking great park to watch the game in the summer. Texans are one of the hottest teams in the NFL, and the fans are all over that. The Rockets ....well, okay.

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Only thing about that has any truth is the statement about the Rockets. We are on the treadmill that goes in circles. It is like the treadmill cannot even do the incline. The Texans have sold out every home game the past few seasons lol. What an idiot.

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

He's right for the wrong reasons. Houston is a bad sports city historically but the reasons he used are ridiculous

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

For the best writers on that site credibility is no different from an "official" journalist. Since its mostly all opinion anyway.

Of course then there are the biased idiots.

13. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

just readthe list, it's actually the sports cities with the best fan SUPPORT, not saying how good their teams are.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Well outside of the Texans, looking at the crowds at the Rockets and Astros games is pathetic.

Ill admit, I haven't gone to a Rockets game in 2 seasons, instead I have made to 2 Texans games the each of the last 2 seasons. The crowd is just so much more intense at NFL games compared to any other sport I have been too.

I dont live in Houston though, I am in Austin. I wish Houston was closer so I could catch more games, it almost makes me sad looking at the crowd at Rockets games. Then I remember these guys are making millions and say whatever. We have a competitive team, I guess Houston cant settle for competitive.

I plan on making a summer trip to catch a weekend Astros series but man the crowd at Astros games make Rockets games look like Mardi Gras. Can't really blame the fans, the team is horrible.

Do you guys think it has more to do with the local economy or just with the teams not being up to par? I mean tickets are fairly priced for professional sports, I dont really think its the economy. I heard you can even bring your own food into Minute Maid these days...

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Seriously, he has Boston #12 ... :rolleyes: Everyone in the country past age 3 knows Boston can't be lower than #5.

And Atlanta at #9...
    On the Rockets he said they're the 3rd Texas NBA team. But that fact alone doesnt mean much. Its just a symptom of what COULD lead to low support.

The great example is right there of the Texans being a BAD team forever, but ALWAYS selling out.

Article's a waste of our time. But for the first time in a while, at least I get to use the words
    "What a DOPE"

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

houston fans are pretty bad, don't blame the teams for being fairweather fans. Blame yourselves for being fairweather fans.

17. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

What does this mean???? why should fans support a product that ****ing sucks...if you win they will come...eot

18. txtodd

txtodd Member

Is part of what makes us such a bad sports city, starting threads in the wrong forum?

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

if you are a bandwagon fan then just admit it.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This guy should visit Minneapolis St. Paul. No matter how bad things get with H-town teams just remember that MSP has 4 major league teams and a division 1 school and in the last 2 years they have ALL done crappy.