1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boston Waives Darius Miles

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Illmatic, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

im sure the Blazers had a hand in there somehow

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54970/20081020/boston_waives_darius_miles/#

The Boston Celtics announced today that the club has requested waivers on forward Darius Miles. The training camp roster now stands at 15. “Darius was a model citizen during his time here in Boston. He showed that he still has a lot of basketball left in him.” said Celtics Executive Director of Basketball Operations/General Manger Danny Ainge. Miles signed as a free agent on August 22, 2008. The 6’9, 235-pound forward appeared in six preseason games, averaging 1.8 points and 1.3 rebounds in 10.4 minutes per game.

If Miles were to play 10 games this season, Portland's available cap space next summer would have been reduced from $30 million to about $21 million.

The Blazers had previously released him and an insurance company had become responsible for the balance of his salary.

2. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Such a sad story. The guy is so talented, yet will probably never meet his potential. Anyway, how terrible would it be for a team in the west to sign Miles and let him play 1 minute for 10 games. Portland would then take a huge hit to their salary cap.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I don't think there is a GM in the league who wants to burn so many bridges that way.

The fact that Boston looked at him at all says that they were willing to sign him if he really was in shape to play.

Watching the "Real Training Camp" on the Celtics he didn't look to have a lot of lateral movement. Though I will be honest and admit I didn't watch the whole thing, just parts of it.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Some team needs to pick up him and play him this season. Otherwise, the Blazers are off the hook in having to pay him, right?

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Yeah I think if he doesn't play this year he comes off the books at the end of it for Portland.

6. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Yes, but like someone said before, i doubt any GM in the league wants to mess with Pritchard because they dont wanna chew more than they can chew and burn bridges with the other Genius Gm. Only Morey maybe can get away with it ):

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He never had much talent. Miles was an athlete that played basketball. All he could do was run, slam dunk and play defense every blue moon. His upside was never very high and he didn't want to work at getting better. Plus he had serious lockerroom issues.

Miles is a total jerk and has ~$50 million to live off of. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

8. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

its really not about Miles, at least not to me, it was all about getting at the Blazers. They have so much young talent and now an extra 9 million in salary cap

9. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

We need to screw KP as much as we can. It's the GM version of the Deron - CP3 tug of war. Go DM!!!

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I was pulling for him too. His workouts were great and really looked like he changed his ways.

Should Houston have a look?

11. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Honestly i want Houston to get Miles, pay him game to game for 10 games or maybe 11 since he will be suspended for the first game and play him minimum minutes because the Blazers did us wrong with Roy. But then Pritchard and Morey agreed on the Batum trade, so that makes me doubt they would wanna burn bridges so soon. But if anyone can stick it to KP and get away with it, its Morey

12. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Like someone said before, Morey should sign him and play him 1 minute in 9 games, and then call the Blazers GM, "That Outlaw kid on your team looks good."
    ;)

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I hope some crappy team picks him up like the Grizzlies and play him 10 games.

14. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Wrong. A guy with that length who could put the ball on the floor, aggressively take it to the basket, and demonstrate good footwork is a high potential player in this league. Especially when he first came into the league with the Clippers, he looked ridiculously dangerous at times.

Right.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I also want revenge for drafting Rudy.

They did us wrong twice. Honestly, it's time for a little revenge. :p

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Remember that great Clipper team of Michael Olowakandi, Darius Miles, Lamar Odom and Quentin Richardson? LOL.

17. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

lol, you could always count on that team for highlight dunks, after which they would pount their heads with both hands. They didnt mind losing by 20 points as long as they got some ESPN highlight dunks

18. MexAmercnMoose

lol, i had forgotten about that clipper team...you're right though LOL

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Another guy who got rich based on what Kevin Garnett accomplished. I never saw the upside that so many people thought he was capable of.

20. cson

cson Contributing Member

Exactly! he was more interested in being a playa than a player. If you don't believe it find any article from his rookie year. dude's over rate ed.