1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

1 negative: he’s leading the league in turnovers per game so far

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:
    So far, New Orleans is determined to re-sign center DeMarcus Cousins and hasn't invited trade offers on him.

Teams are curious to study Memphis' plans with center Marc Gasol, but so far, they say they're planning to keep him.​

fba34, Vivi and DonKnock like this.
  3. Remlap

Remlap Member

PASS on Cousins. He's a total headcase and a loose cannon

[​IMG]

4. basketballholic

That's a huge negative next to Harden. Not to mention he has fallen off a cliff defensively as well. These are two significant areas that we need our 5 to be great at.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

just bring back dmo

6. Remlap

Remlap Member

Would actually rather bring back JSmoove on the cheap
    as a backup 4/5.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We're trying to win a championship. Let's talk about Lebron; y'all talking about Josh Smith.. he's a JAG.

BigggReddd likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm still a fan of Boogie's talent but i agree with what you're saying here. I just wonder how much it's on him and how much it's on the enviroment, not trying to make excuses but, the Pelicans have been one of the worst organizations out there for years now, never been able to put together a solid roster or plan. I'm probably wrong but wouldn't be shocked to see him playing better basketball in a better enviroment. i Also wonder if he would be able to play the 4 next to Capela or DeAndre, he has really improved his 3pt shot, still not sure about his shot selection though, but again, maybe in a better enviroment...

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  9. Remlap

Remlap Member

I was referring to Josh Smith on the cheap so we COULD pick up other salaries i.e. . . LeBron ;)

10. basketballholic

On the defensive end I haven't been able to study them enough to answer that question. But it's a good question. How much of the defensive regression is him versus his teammates?

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, personally, while i always saw Boogie playing great defense only when he wanted, i still think enviroment always makes a big difference, and i'm not sold on his partners doing their part, starting from Davis, which is a superb talent on both ends and make big plays here and there, but to me he's still lacking in terms of understanding of the game, leadership and defensive presence, i think he could be much better. Rondo and Holiday are actually two guys i like on defense, Rondo was terrific in the playoffs last season before he got hurt, he was making a big difference for the Bulls on both ends, but maybe at this stage of his career he just has to save that for playoffs. He has been considered a cancer lately by a lot of people, but he's probably the only guy who brings some sort of leadership, experience and iq in that team, just look at them last season, they were freaking terrible, at least this season they're in the mix.

Overall i don't know, i still think a lot of problems come from how they built the team over the years, enviroment is historically mediocre if not straight trash, probably zero basketball minds behind the scenes, poor leadership overall.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  12. basketballholic

I've watched Rondo some. Thought he's been playing good defense for the most part.

Vivi likes this.