1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bold Prediction: The Media is about to fall in love with the Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this week, we'll start seeing a lot more pieces on the Texans in the national media. This team has such a great story, and even better characters. We have the typical raging linebacker, the philosophical running back, the anti-diva wide receiver, the third-string-suddenly-starter quarterback, that so far, has just been quietly going about his business, we have a couple of do-it-alls, the new defensive guys that have helped turn the team around, the Clay Matthews wanna-be, etc. etc. This team has it all. As a fan, I love this team. I think the national media is starting to take notice of it, too.

Let's keep the ball rolling and get some more W's!

2. Relentless

Relentless Member

Bob Costas started it last night.

Kinda sorta

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It was the second Sunday Night football in a row where they took the time to talk about the Texans, in addition, I noticed more attention and awe by the Terry's and Jimmy's ... They could possibly clinch next week - gotta love it. Win out Texans ! ! !

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

What's not to like about this team? Seriously, with all of the key injuries they've had they could have let up and no one would have thought less of them. After losing Mario and AJ I think many of us thought "oh, not again" but they kept winning.

The truth is, this team is different than years past even though it is made up of many of the same players. It is a mentality thing, and I think a lot of that probably has to be a credit to Wade Phillips.

They remind me a lot of the first 94 Rocket's team. They really should be winning, but they are.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, i saw that. Wasn't it beautiful?

6. Raven

Raven Member

Mike & Mike have barely mentioned them this morning.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Bob Costa's piece last night was really unexpected and very nice to see.

"They just keep winning."

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't think so and I couldn't care any less.

9. Pass

Pass Member

This is the kind of team I imagine Daryl Morey putting together. Even compared to the 08-09 Rockets, this Texans team is as easy, possibly easier, to cheer for.

Great group of guys

10. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://youtu.be/fEuRef3aFwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yes. They are very similar to Vince Young in this respect.

12. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fEuRef3aFwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn typo. Here's that Costa's piece.

3 people like this.
  13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

wow, i hate bob costas a little less than i did 1:59 ago.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

Bob Costas has always been pure class. He's at the top of the mountain in terms of sports reporting and when he's gone there really isn't anyone close to being as great....unless you like Joe Buck *barf.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

no he and joe buck are torn from the same cloth. a sense of self that is way too high for what they do in life. they comment on sports and act like they're curing cancer.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

In Costas' case I think he could cure Cancer since he's a brilliant human being:grin:

Joe Buck is just a Cancer.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Buck publicly admits to not even liking/watching sports in his spare time. I'll take Costas over Buck - haughty as both are - because he actually seems to enjoy being there. Buck is the absolute worst.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Bob Costas' summary at the end one of the Rocket's championships was freaking epic poetry (don't remember which one) for which I will always hold him in high regard.

But underdog stories of achievement through team work are as American as apple pie. This defense is playing as well as any of the storied name defenses of the past right now, though they need to win a championship to get a name.

Orange Crush
    Doomsday
    Steel Curtain
    Fearsome Foursome
    The 46 defense

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

I can see it now.

Texans win against all odds... Is it time to call Brett Favre?

20. Raven

Raven Member

It was the second championship, and it was probably to make up for how he reacted when the Rockets beat the Knicks, which was pretty sour grapes if I remember correctly.