1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn Classic Fantasy Hoops 2011-12 Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Dec 25, 2011.

1. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

No need to do anything at this point. I'll take my share of the responsibility.

The real shame is that after as many years as the core group has particiapated in these fantasy leagues (what, 10 years?), that there appears to be some managers who do not feel the need to act with a certain degree of integrity and respect for others posters. Following the trade and subsequent discussion on this thread, Ziggy attempted what had to be an attempt at humor when he offered another trade proposal...he would send me back Ariza in a 3 for 1 deal for Amare, Randolph, and Iggy. Under normal circumstances I'd consider this bush league trolling, but even more so after he so brazenly embraced his shady decision to accept a trade weeks after its initial proposal. What's the point?

On a more practical note, Pimp, would it be possible to alter the site to include trade offers sent on the team page? I think, as of now, we can only see those offers we have received. That may aide us going forward. Thanks!

2. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Mulling an offer for D. Rose.

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

jent -- if you click on the "PEND" tab you can see all the proposed trade offers your team has made.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all take everything so serious, sheesh. Trash talk thread. Just beat me instead of trying to have tea with me.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Mull away.... :grin:

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What do y'all have cooking? I'll listen to possible 3-ways. The Rose trade I saw was more than fair. But I'd prefer to bolster a different position.

7. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I'm willing to do a three way trade.

You both have players than interest me.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah... like, just for example, Wall and Gallo went to me, you'd get your guy from me, etc... just an example.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Also, I want Joe Johnson. Gimmie that.

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Good game Sammy. Your boys played the perfect game, plus a 3 game advantage doesn't hurt.

11. RocketsPimp

Hmmm.....just took a Spurs fan to take you out. :eek:

12. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I reject the idea that it takes a perfect game to defeat your pimpcrew. I'm not that impressed by your roster, outside of Kobe and Durant. I think I'd be undefeated if not for being snakebit by minor injuries. As is, I'm now on top of the division.

13. RocketsPimp

Reject it all you want. My boys are averaging 1300+ points per week. You're the next closest with 1200+. Keep my seat atop the division warm, cuz I'm coming for it.

14. fadeaway

Kobe has been playing out of his mind. I sort of regret passing on him in the 2nd round -- although I'm still happy with Wall. The question is, can Kobe keep up this crazy pace?

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sadder for y'all suckers really.

16. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Exactly. That's the question, and the answer is no. 33 year old guards don't add 5 points to their previous season's scoring average, and they don't play 38 minutes per game if you want to keep them healthy. 15+ seasons in the NBA takes its toll on anyone.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

I was drooling for Kobe 2 picks later. Ended up with Granger. So it goes. If Evan Turner could get an extended run I think I'll be edging into the elite group of teams.

18. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am just going to go on the record and say.......My team sucks!!!!!

Granted it seems like everyone realizes it and feels sorry for me, by offering me junk (most the times players they just added) for my only 1 or 2 good/half-way decent players......Talk about kicking a man when he is down!!!

19. fadeaway

I thought my offer wasn't too bad. Certainly not junk.

20. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are correct........but yours was the only one so far. I really like yours, but my team is so bad, not even sure what to do at this point.