1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Bob Sura is a horrible offensive player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Dec 11, 2004.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

He cant shoot or even make a layup. He cant bring the ball up court and has no speed. He hustles and rebounds, but because of him, T-Mac gets tripled team because no one respects his offensive game. He missed a wide open lay-up today and he aired ball a wide open three vs the Spurs.

2. Man

Man Contributing Member

I like him. I'd rather have Bibby..but we need Sura's toughness/hardiness..I think Sura can shoot and can make layups..but i think his role has been to pass and do dirty work..maybe he should look for his own shot or maybe he really cannot shoot.

I don't think he is the problem. I think he's fine unless we can get Bibby or Cassell or someone.

I think we should get better forwards and move JImmy and Howard and Taylor to the bench.

Any good college players that can help?

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

people you cant judge a player by a few games.... he could light it up for atlanta and this is only his 6th or 7th game back, with no preseason or camp with our team..

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

C'mon, he just got back. Give him some time. He is not doing that bad.

He isn't supposed to be back yet.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

He's putting it all out there, and his legs are not under him yet. He is the least worthy of having hate sent his way. There are many ahead of him, and the list is headed by suits and coaches.

6. spacepimp

spacepimp Contributing Member

have any of you guys seen much of sura before this year?

he could never shoot, he is an high energy player that got a lot of playing time in atlanta last year.

7. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

This is an absolutely GUTLESS post.

Sura wasn't even suppose to be playing yet, he had is BACK operated on, didn't have camp and has played all of 6 games with the team.... EVER

He is out there basting his tail, playing defense and STILL out rebounding the train-wreck power forwrad by committee.
    [​IMG]

one more thing - why lay this on Sura - we have Juwan Howard and Mo Talyor who have double digit career scoring averages ... yet they can't hit a 5 foot jumper on the baseline!!!!!!!

#7 Willis25, Dec 12, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sura is back early because we needed him. let him at least recover 100% from surgery, then play a few weeks after that before you can START to judge him.

9. Glish21

Glish21 Member

he may not be able to shoot but he can rebound a lot better than our big guys, he hustles like crazy, and he can pass pretty well. Oh ya he also just had BACK SURGERY!

I think the only people that are worthy of criticism right now are:

Van Gundy for his inept offense and his supposed great defense which looks to me just like slow the game down so that both teams shoot less.

Yao for being weak on the offensive side such as dropping alot of passes, bringing the ball down low so it can get stripped away by a guard, getting blocked by players almost a foot shorter than him, and of course his rebounding all around needs work, and on the defensive side it looks to me like he only watches his man and doesn't look to help enough, but of course if he helps then he always gets a foul.

Mo taylor/juwan howard for not playing up to their offensive ability.

CD for not bringing in a better than average distributing point guard, a rebounding power forward, a good spot up 3-point shooter.

But Sura is playing with a lot of heart for about 32 minutes a game.

I also think that everything will improve as the team plays more together. Things can only go up from here.