1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bob McNair Passes Away. R.I.P

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Remix, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Mashing

Mashing Member

RIP to Mr. McNair and condolences to his family.

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

All the local stations have been putting Bob's interviews and press conferences from the late 90s on the past few days.

Wow super amazing that 20 years later we have such a strong fan base that has this tailgating culture and fans that travel in massive numbers to away games.

I know big-time success on the field has not happened just yet but it will and we will look back with a smile.

That stadium is aging well and enhanced the rodeo as well as brought us big time international soccer and top domestic events like Super Bowls and Final Fours.

Of course most important is all the money he donated to help people from paying for the final expenses for the victims of the church shooting in South Carolina to nine figures for educational opportunities.

I hope two things happen tomorrow

First the Texans stomp Tennessee and Bob gets to look down with a big smile while his team's fans are partying.

Second, no crap on ESPN about a few comments taken out of context trying to take down a life of good.

Rest in Peace Mr. McNair and thank you for not only returning football but giving us such a better organization to root for than the Bud Adams clown show.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My heartfelt condolences go out to the McNair family, as well as my thanks and appreciation for all you have done to help others, and for bringing our city a football team again. Im sure Bob was smiling at that sweet victory Sunday, beating the team they took away from us, and seeing our team make history with this winning streak we are on. Go Texans!!