1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bob McNair is the problem. Cheap ass owner that needs to sell the team

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IBTL, Jan 14, 2013.

1. raining threes

LMAO at posters calling McNair a hands off owner. He left his hand prints on the shoulders of Texans fans while he made billions. For people that said he was incompetent, incompetent owners dont make 3 billion dollars in 15 years being incompetent.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

You know this thread is from 6 or so years ago, right? My, how things have changed.

3. raining threes

Yes, I do and I wonder how many of those that dogged the OP have changed their minds? Or are they still just happy with having a team and making the McNair's billions in the process. I'm sure the McNair's want to win but winning is way down the list of things that are most important to the McNair's.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Things have changed?

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If you use the amount the owner make off his/her team as evidence for not being incompetent. How about James Dolan? His team has been garbage for many years but hey he makes a sht ton of money so he must b a competent owner also right? my point is people view success differently.
    From most Avid Texans fans, pretty sure Mcnair is an incompetent owner when it comes to franchise success.

#45 DatRocketFan, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    raining threes likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bob bought the farm before he could sell his team.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Has anyone heard Cal McNair interviewed? Does he sound "normal?" He looks a bit "different." Don't mean to insult a nice man because looks can be deceiving. No doubt that his dad was very bright.

8. csj

csj Member

greatly offensive.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

I went to school with Cal, and I can assure you he is perfectly normal. He's not the dimwit that some on this board want to make him out to be. He is somewhat reserved, but he is a very nice person. His daddy was wealthy, even back then. But, Cal didn't walk around like a rich kid. He fit in very well and was popular. Cal was a good football player in high school. All district tight end on a good team. So, he does know something about being a player and being part of a team.

I don't think Cal is a genius. But, I think he's a reasonably intelligent man. I don't think he's been running the Texans long enough for anyone to come to any conclusions about how good he will be at the job in the long term.

solid and Hey Now! like this.
  10. solid

Thanks. Sorry to imply anything negative, but some posters have been less than complimentary and I started to wonder. He looks pleasant, but I have never heard him interviewed.

11. solid

I apologize if I offended you. I actually regret the post. I was thinking out loud, based on some of the remarks on this board. So many claim that OBrien is running the show. I began to wonder about the new owner.