1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bleacher Report]How Badly Do Houston Rockets Need an Upgrade at Point Guard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Junkyard Dog, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Handles

Handles Member

He's a star. But Harden is a superstar, no doubt.

2. Possum

Possum Member

Obviously you are the one that is clueless. Take our two best off and their two best off and play each other. Who wins and why? Those peters were made up of ROLE players just like ours currently is.

3. Possum

Possum Member

I see why you don't post much.

1 person likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

like i said a long way to go. step outside the houston box for once

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

the logic of someone finishing top 3 in mvp voting makes that person a super star would mean blake is one and hes definitely not.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dwight is no prime Shaq. Harden needs help. All of the people on that list are in fact better than bev at being facilitators some are even future hall of famers. Ron Harper is probably the only guy I can't remember what his game was like.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden is a Superstar.

8. NotChandlerParsons

He definitely is, although he's not a one man wrecking crew like Harden.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

blake griffin is a superstar? smh lol

10. Handles

Handles Member

I never used that logic, I was just saying that Blake is a star and Harden is a superstar. If you can't see that...idk what games you are watching.

How many guys in the NBA can do the things that Harden does with similar skill? Scoring from anywhere, play making, handles...Seriously, start naming those similar players and I promise you will see a trend: they are all superstars.

11. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Harden needs to perform in the playoffs before he's labeled a superstar in my book. Last year was terrible.

1 person likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I was referring to the previous post before yours bout the mvp voting. again i don't label players superstars just because like some of you here. they need to accomplish things to earn it. the NBA is full of all stars in the league but only a few take that next step to become superstars.

13. Handles

Handles Member

Fair enough. You can be a Presti while the rest of us will be Moreys.

Let's revisit in a season or two and see if you still feel the same way.

14. Redcfc1

Redcfc1 Member

Harden is a regular season superstar.

His dropoff in play in the playoffs last 2 years mirrors that of Carmelo's playoff career. Both are known for first round exits.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

fair enough. if harden adds more success to his resume then he will be that much closer, a big test will come in a few months

16. Possum

Possum Member

Really? That is all you can come up with? Obviously you have no real argument or you would put more effort into it.

17. Handles

Handles Member

On thread topic: Decent article from an unlikely source. An upgrade at point would be happily welcomed, but I'm more concerned with getting another play maker or scorer/shot creator, regardless of position.

18. Possum

Possum Member

What you don't want to argue over what the definition of superstar is? That's what all that crap yoyo has been spewing really is.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We don't know how he will play this year. He played well in the playoffs for OKC until the finals. Harden needs helps it's just to easy to key in on him, our offense is so predictable.

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if Brooklyn is willing to part with Jarret Jack. How does 3veryone feel about him. I know the Nets are just rebuilding so I am wondering if we could package Tjones and possibly Canaan for the guy.