1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Blazersedge] Recap of Latest Win Over The Blazers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ParaSolid, Mar 10, 2014.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Dave from Blazer's Edge always gives a balanced take on everything Blazers related. Thought you guys would appreciate more material on the Rockets' latest win.

LINK: http://www.blazersedge.com/2014/3/9...vs-houston-rockets-james-harden-dwight-howard

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I wouldn't say we looked unmotivated. They were hitting a lot of tough shots that were a bit demoralizing, while we couldn't get anything to fall.

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

They definitely outhustled us for 3 quarters. That was obvious

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

unmotivated is the wrong word

team looked kinda down because A LOT of the bounces were going the blazers way. Anything from 50/50 balls to long offensive rebounds....if youve watched and played basketball you know dat feel.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Naahh! We just used the old "Rope a Dope" an them, silly Blazers tricks are for kidz!..:eek:

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The blazers seem really bitter about this one, rightfully so, but someone needs to remind them that the game isn't over until it's over. You can play 47 minutes of basketball perfection (which arguably they did not) and still lose in the last minute. The rockets have had tons of heartbreakers like this one (I can think back to our first match against the Lakers as a good example). I think the blazers are a decent team that has benefited from a good schedule. Now that their schedule is harder they falter, it isn't rocket science here. Reality is setting in, and even with decent health they are who a lot of people thought they were.

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The 50/50 balls were going the Blazer's way because they were hustling for them. They went out and got them while we watched. Until the fourth quarter.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That *******. Using part of my name for his moniker. The nerve! Show some originality, chump.

1 person likes this.
  9. cml750

cml750 Member

I think the Rockets may have been guilty of looking past the Blazers at home for the Thunder game on the road Tuesday night. Then they woke up and started playing at the end.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

You were the first person I thought of....

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good write-up. Blazer's Edge is usually a good read.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The Blazers missed how many FTs down the stretch? I counted 3 (Aldridge 1, Matthews 2). Plus they don't have a postgame. So in the endgame, they're jumpshooting. Bev was hounding Lillard. All they had left was a gassed our LMA and Matthews because they don't have a bench.

On defense, they couldn't contain both Harden and Lin.

The refs helped them out a lot. We just grinded out the win. Just accept the loss.

13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I don't know why Portland fans are acting like Beverly flopped to get Lillard fouled out. The guy has a broken nose - of course he's going to have a strong reaction to contact in the face. The mask helps but it's not like it shuts off all sensation.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

They are saying that no contact was made. I think you can see what you want there, I see contact everytime I watch it. It's minor and really hard to see, but it's there. They see a flop. Honestly, the foul was most likely given not because it was present, but because it's something Lillard does often, in fact I think one of his earlier fouls was another one of those elbows to clear out space.

15. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

You guys must not been watching the same game, as I was.. THE REF's they got all the calls, Houston had to beat the Portland and the REF's

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bingo

17. dianelo

dianelo Member

I've once seen people here saying that the Blazers' commentators are good and not biased. I think they lost their credibility when they cried repeatedly that the league should look into Beverley's and Harden's flop.

18. yummyhawtsauce

I liked the writing style,but this stood out ot me the most:

"During that same stretch Harden, Beverley, and Jeremy Lin all went off of them, scoring 41, 12, and 26 respectively...a combined 79 points out of the only three guards Houston played."

lol do we still need a pg

19. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets didn't look unmotivated for 43 of the 53 minutes. First, that isn't giving enough credit to the Blazers, as the Rockets did want the win and did play hard.

The Blazers got a 15 point lead, and the Rockets methodically chipped away at it, making it 10 a ten point deficit with 2 minutes left in the first half, and then a 7 point game at halftime. The Blazers got hot in the third again and pushed it to 12 points, and the Rockets came right back and started chipping away.

Every time it looked like the game was over, the Rockets hit a couple buckets and defended well. A team that is "unmotivated" would have mailed it in early in the 4th quarter and wouldn't have clawed back to make it a 7 point game at the half.

Also, no one is discussing it, but the Rockets defense was VERY good in crunch time. The Blazers missed 16 of their last 19 shots. Further, the Rockets converted 21 turnovers into 32 points... that takes effort and running the floor.

The TRUTH is that the Blazers have come back down to earth. Early in the year their offensive system and wrinkles caught some people off guard. They took and made an unreal % of three point shots. Their percentage came down, and their complete lack of defense doomed them.

Want proof? Against teams with a winning record, over the last 10 games... the Blazers are 1-9.

2 people like this.
  20. dchoye

dchoye Member

Do you remember the game early in the season against the Mav We were leading all the way till 4th Then blew a big lead cause we were cruising in the 4th with no defense?
    Just hope we didn't peak to early.
    Nuggets looked strong at the end of last season then got blown out in the 1st round