1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers game tommorow is HUGE, and here is why...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BornRedIn87, Feb 23, 2009.

1. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

The Portland game could be huge for many reasons.

First of all, if it comes down to it being us and them looking for home court advantage in the 1st round, we HAVE TO take this game.

Second, this is going to be a tough month schedule wise, and we cant drop the home games during this time. If we take all the home games, and pull off a few games on the road, it will do wonders for the confidence of this team.

Lastly, the Nuggets are playing the Celts(lose) tonight and the Spurs and the Mavs match up tommorow. If we beat the Blazers, this could potencially pull us within a game of the 3rd spot in the west.

There are no more lay up games left this season, we are in this thing and its going to be a damn fun ride.

I hope everyone who attends the ROX games the rest of the year brings the same energy that this team brings. The Home Court Advantage is the only thing fans really have a say in, when it comes to what we can do for this team.

Be there on time, be loud, and dont ever give up on this team, they have alot of fight and with that we need to have the same!

GO ROCKETS

2. ibm

ibm Member

can't you just wait until clutch puts the game thread up which i believe is gonna be pretty soon? don't you know mcgrady is the man of the hour...

sorry.

3. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

I was unaware of the rule stating we can have 300 threads about Broken McDaisy but only one thread at a time about the ACTUAL games.

Again, IM SORRY.

4. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Yao you will be guarding Joel Pryzbilla, please kill him

Portland isn't that great on the Road, the Rockets are at home, this is a must win game, Aldridge cannot outplay Scola by much this time, I'm not too worried about their "Spanish Armada", just Roy, Aldridge and Outlaw.

Roy I think will be guarded well, the Rockets do a good job of guarding perimeter players.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think its fair to point out that we only play the Blazers 3 times this year and are already 0-1 against them. The other 2 times are at home...and the final time will be in the midst of our brutal end of the season schedule...it'll be game 3 in a stretch of Phoenix, Lakers, Blazers, Magic. Then we have 2 easier games in Sacramento and Golden State...except the Golden State game is a back to back. Then we close with New Orleans and Dallas.

So, in either case, yes, tomorrow is a big game. Thursday, too, as it is on national tv, against Lebron.

I don't expect any huge huge huge win streaks, but if we can win those two, it will do wonders for the team's confidence and chemistry and may signal a solid finish and home court potential.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That's a rough schedule... they already lost a lot of easy games, so now they've got little room for that turn over crap they've been dealing with. This is going to be tough.

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Portland and the Cavs game are potential statement games, beat them both and you can book the WC finals for the Rox. Beat Portland and book the playoffs for sure.

Like you say, I hope the Rox fans show up and cheer them on.

BTW, whats up with the Red Rowdies these days? They don't seem as rowdy and the last TV shot I saw of them, seems like their numbers have shrunk. Lot of empty seats in that section. Anybody know if they're going to be around next year.

8. yobod

yobod Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa......I think you're getting ahead of yourself with the whole WCF comment, but I agree with the sentiment. These next two games will be HUGE for this team's confidence.

Like I said in another thread, this game tomorrow night has a LOT of underlying factors in it :
    - Aaron Brooks' second big test
    - head-to-head match-up with playoff team
    - team directly ahead of us in the standings
    - home court advantage in playoffs
    - team we are matched up with IN the playoffs

Needless to say, the Rockets need to bring the same fire and intensity that they've brought in the second half of each of the last two games, and play solid basketball for 48 minutes. We still have the better team in my opinion, and we are at home, where we have played incredibly well this season.

9. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

10. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

When do you say "current", and when "actual"? I thought current was referred to the present, and "actually" was like trully, for example.

11. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Good thread, I agree this is very important game - playoff prediction?!

So it's nice to play stronger teams like Mavs and Blazers and if you get W you gain your confidence back.

Can't wait, I have a feeling that Wafer is going to have a big game.

12. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

we wouldnt have this problem with head to head if we didn't lose 7 games to last place teams and get beaten by brandon roy's 3 that was allowed because the timekeeper jacked it up!

13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I thought you were referring to Sergio and Rudy, they are the Real Spanish Armada.

14. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

this is a HUGE GAME WHY??!!!
    I KNOW WHY
    we owe the blazers an all american houston ass kickin :D
    i used to like roy until that shot
    and if we win i will like him again if not he is on my hit list :D

Rockets FTW!!!!

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I agree this game is huge. I think we really need this one, but this one isn't going to be one bit easy. They have won 3 in a row without Oden and they are playing well right now. I think if our Defense shows up like it has the last two games, we should have it in OUR control, especially with us being at home.

16. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

This will be another true test to our playoff dreams and how we might fair when we get in. I'm interested to see how AB and Lowry will handle it..i know they did well against Dallas, but i think they know that this game is even bigger..

Chilcutt

17. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

Completely agree, huge game. Cannot wait until tipoff.

18. Chamillionaire

we're gonna own them. watch. they aren't gonna have the tenacity to keep up with us. we got it. very confident we win :cool:

19. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

Can you BE more obvious?!?

20. conquistador#11

it's the thrill of the fight!! we must rise to the challenge of our rival!!!
    just a team and its will to survive!!