1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blatant Trash Calls Buried Us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lawlruschang, May 6, 2017.

1. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Guys let's not kid ourselves we got robbed.

Phantom foul on mills 3 (Lou)
    Phantom foul on mills 2 (Bev)
    Tech on Bev for phantom foul above (1 pt)

That's SIX POINTS in the last SIX MINUTES. We were down 99-90 with 1:29 to go.

Tech on harden for arguing no call when kawhi reached (1 pt)

How bout that blatant offensive foul when kawhi drove on ariza in the first quarter? (2 pts)

And when harden had a fast break dunk and Beverley got called for an offensive foul for touching Murray? (2 pts)

That is ELEVEN (11) points off the top of my head without rewatching any plays.

BONUS fun fact: games 1 and 2 ZERO fouls on kawhi

#1 Lawlruschang, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Can someone tell me what 'home court advantage' even means???

It's been so damn long... I sure as hell don't know.

dkim1984, bro2044, Deuce and 11 others like this.
  3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

yeah but don't worry the Spurs got called for technical fouls too when they complained about bad calls.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The refs were terrible, once again.

If this goes 7 games, I'm going to seriously start thinking the NBA is just trying to stretch out series. If the refs are consistent, fine, Spurs win...but if all of a sudden they start favoring the Rockets that **** will look suspicious to me given how they called the past 2 games.

Now, to those who are going to come in and say "But if only our team played better! Don't blame the refs!"

Stop.

There are like 7 other threads talking about how the rockets played tonight. I'm tired of giving the refs a pass because one team played worse than the other.

5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The worst call in NBA history was Patty Mills trying to mimic James Harden when he shot the three to get the FTs. The foul was clearly on the floor and Patty Mills, way after-the-fact shot a three pointer and he got them. Harden does it while he shoots to get the call. meanwhile James Harden did it eight times and they didn't call once

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am tired of people acting like getting f*cked by the Ref does not affect how a team plays
    The Rockets were Sisyphus. Every time we got that rock up the hill . . . here comes the refs to kick it and giving the spurs momentum
    as it tumbled down . . . . .

How many times do you have to fight your heart out to get it to three
    only to have a phantom foul give them points and get molested in the lane .. miss the shot . . and they get an easy fastbreak
    before you say like D'antoni . . **** THIS . . I GIVE UP!!

It is absolutely ridiculous how many people give the refs a pass
    or that bullshit "I know the refs were bad but . . . .. "

IT MATTERS
    If you are ONE POINT better than the next team - If they get 2 points - they win
    With the right Refs the Washinton Generals could beat the Warriors

Rocket River

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

reported to fbi for fraud

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I hear ya man, see the the thing is... why complain about about something that has no hope of changing? Karl Malone bearhugged Barkley while Maloney constantly got hooked by Stockton.... the **** happened... people complained... poor reffing still happens.... it is what it is...

All you can do is put together the best team you can, perform to the best of your ability and hopefully win so handily that the refs cant even take it away from you...

Personally, that's why I'd like to have some bigs that can throw it down with two hands - if its inside the restricted area it can't be a charge.... vs 'playing for the call.' Everyone always says how great getting fouled is... what a high % play... thing is you gotta depend on the ref to make the call...

9. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

THIS. Not to mention when you are getting called for playing physical but solid defense, it forces you to play worse defense and give shooters space, exactly what happened with westbrook last series.

not to mention that NBA players are still HUMAN BEINGS. it would be great if they were all mentally strong to the point of not batting an eye, but it's not their fault for getting frustrated. it's absolutely normal

10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

exactly... you could see how harden played in the first half when he wasn't getting calls. kept jacking up terrible contested 3's because he was so dejected. then he got a couple calls to open the 2nd and then attacked with a relentless vengeance.

i feel like most people here have never played in an officiated game or something so they don't really know how much it can affect you. as a player it definitely changes your mentality if you know you're getting jobbed. the worst part is the refs deciding all these calls were fine during the regular season and in round 1 but not in round 2 against the spurs...

our team simply needs to play/shoot better but the people that are denying that the refs didn't have any influence in the way this game was called (especially in the first half) are just naive. i am sick and tired of kawhi getting whistles for non fouls, and the refs holding their **** when he travels or pushes off.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Life is to short to trip about NBA officiating. For 20 years now the debate has been if it is complete incompetence or outright corruption and we've seen plenty of examples of both during that time. Honestly if you plan on watching NBA basketball you just have to know that teams are going to get jobbed by the refs from time to time. You might as well be getting mad about something a WWE referee did.

Jontro and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

That was a total "TAKE THAT, HARDEN!" call. The Harden haters of the world were probably high-fiving each other, because that's what great NBA reffing is all about - making sure the bad guys get what's coming to them.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Trying to play flawlessly . . . . makes you make more flaws
    If you going in strong. . . know you not going to get the fou . . . so you make a riskier pass than normal
    You shoots a floater when you normally would lay up or slam it

Rocket River

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The refs are kind of bad tonight. But I don't think they blatantly favored the Rockets. Beverley got TWO make up calls after he got robbed of a clean block--the one he got the technical. They knew they made a bad call and made up for it right away.

In general, the refs seem to try to not make a lot of calls and let them play. I think Mills did a flop and got ignored. Harden got hit going to the basket and didn't get the call.

15. TracyJaxxson

TracyJaxxson Member

how do u think these frauds have 5 trophies...they own the refs, that's all it is..realistically they are Lesser Thans. Especially without Miss Parker, they have zero playmakers. What a joke, Screw spam Antonio.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We can complain all we want but this is the same song every season. We get those foul calls during the regular season and no calls during the playoffs. This is where Harden needs to realize he just needs to play good fundamental basketball and not count on the refs to always bail us out. If we can't learn to do that then we will just be regular season heroes.

17. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Those make up calls were when we were down double digits. Classic. Shows up in the box score but doesn't affect the outcome of the game

Emanuele Braghetti likes this.
  18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

yeah they should probably just watch wrestling if thats what they want. I think ESPN is a major blame and they are ruining the NBA. This whole social media age is all they care about. we dont care about the narratives.

just give me a close game in this series. not one game has been and that's with the NBA's about. players stepping up and hitting the big shot when it matters most. not some bail out free throws. Those fun close games. tired of watching games where one team is up the entire time. last series every game was close, it's like that's all the refs cared about.

Lawlruschang and Tfor3 like this.
  19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

There were a lot of bad calls that favored the Spurs. Many of them were legitimate fouls but they were before the shot yet rewarded FTs.

On the other end, those same fouls weren't being given to the Rockets, even for a side out. It was awful officiating.

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Skip Bayless got these refs on payroll sending bank wires

francis 4 prez and Tfor3 like this.