1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BimaThug Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by pge71188, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Damion Laverne

When ISN'T it DD's fault.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I don't understand what's going on here?

I'm surprised that there are actually informed and well thought out posters like Bima who do NOT have DD on their ignore list?

Fix that problem Bima and you'd be amazed at how much inane drivel you can skip in each and every thread!

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Lol, hilarious...

On a serious note, BimaThug needs to man-up, it's not as if anyone was personally attacking or insulting him. If people can't handle the perspectives and posting styles of other individuals on here then they either need to leave or put the people that bother them on ignore or just ignore what they post by not reading/responding. No need to throw a tantrum. Personally, I would never put anyone on ignore. People need to learn to control their emotions better.

#143 Kwame, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

This is like a bow-up over a disputed foul call (Foul! No way, that was an offensive foul! You hit me! You were out of control and ran into me!) when you're hooping with your regulars. After a few minutes, it is all cool unless a bunch of ne'er-do-wells on the sidelines make a big deal about it.

I like DD and I like Bima. Everyone just relax and let's get back to playing ball.

5. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

How come Clutch the admin points out a newbie for starting a thread about why he thought Stern has NBA rigged but he does nothing about this?

I thought that guy's thread was way way more insightful then half the crap DD has filled this thread with.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Keep on posting.

[​IMG]

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He's Bart Simpson of CF

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

*BLANK STARE* at this whole thread!!!!....a "come back to me" thread..smh

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

2 dead horse.

Can we leave now?

10. nef2005

nef2005 Member

Then stop replying to posts like this one. Until you do that, it looks like you really care about everyone's opinion

11. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

I think DD is entitled to his opinion. Since when are opinions wrong? They are neither right nor wrong. Hence why it's an opinion, not fact. If Bima lets DD's opinion bother him that much, and needs to take a break, that's his prerogative. But DD is still entitled to his opinion.

12. valorita

valorita Member

it's called freedom of speech.
    as long as you're not intruding on the privacy/property of someone else
    our constitution grants us the right to voice our opinions
    as long as it is in the right manner and form.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Two passionate fans, two good posters.... Two drama queens.

1 person likes this.
  14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Clutchfans would be boring if everybody agreed with everybody ... those little reps and bars yall love so much ... (?) ... would be non existent

15. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

DD probably wouldn't post AS much if most of you wouldn't mention him SO much

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Hey, ClutchFans Nation.

I went back to check the BBS and noticed this thread. Thank you, everyone, for all the kinds words and even the constructive criticism.

I am taking a short sabbatical from posting in the BBS. However, I hated how I went about it; so I wanted to straighten some things out first:

--Please don't be so hard on DD. The guy has already apologized to me over 3-4 different forms of media. There's no need to amp up the level of hate on him because of my departure. Comments about his family and kids??? Uncalled for, people. I take a good amount of the blame for it, given how I phrased my last post. Frankly, I threw him under the bus. I've privately apologized to him for that.

--I deserve some of the comments from people accusing me of being "weak" or a "drama queen" for storming off the way I did. That was certainly not my intention, and I would not characterize myself as either of those things. But in this instance, they're right. However, I was hoping that DD wouldn't be the only one to notice that I tweeted as much:

@BimaThug

Sorry @clutchfans for the drama. It wasn't just DD. Shouldn't have stormed off like that. Appreciate the love. May reconsider cap update.
    16 hours ago

He posted it in this thread, but I guess not many people noticed.

--I know some of you expressed concern about my personal life. This was in large part due to the private "direct message" tweets I exchanged with DD. I did not intend for DD to share those with the BBS, but it's not a big deal that he did.

Thanks for your well-wishes. Honestly, my life is pretty good right now. It's just that I've found myself getting more and more frustrated every time I go to ClutchFans and try to engage people in reasoned discourse. (Yeah, I know, there's a certain "assumption of risk" when you log on to an internet message board.) There are the usual cadre of amazing posters with whom I thoroughly enjoy interacting, including several with whom I regularly disagree. I also enjoy helping to inform people who are genuinely looking to make themselves more knowledgeable about things like the salary cap.

Disagreement was never the issue. Those who are familiar with me on this BBS know that I'm not one to get upset over mere disagreements. It's just that the level of discourse in general has suffered. Too much blind hatred and lack of understanding of why the Rockets did X or why they couldn't have done Y. (Don't get me wrong, there's a decent amount of well-reasoned criticism of the Rockets, albeit only some of which I agree with.) I try my best to educate those who simply don't have information, while at the same time trying to reason with those who do.

Unfortunately, I have found it harder and harder to post on the BBS without walking away frustrated. The argument with DD (who I know posts too much but who--if you're willing to comb through the 60% of so of crap he posts and which he'd probably admit is crap--has some fairly well-reasoned opinions) was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I don't like spending my time getting frustrated. I have other commitments in my life (to family, to work, etc.) that are more important than ClutchFans.

Hence, I'm taking a sabbatical from posting in the BBS. Probably a short one, though. This decision is more about me than it is about DD or anyone else doing anything wrong. I may routinely check back into the BBS from time to time, but I'm going to try to avoid a lot of the discussion. I may show up in people's rep from time to time.

--While I am fairly busy at the moment, given the outpooring of support (and frankly the drug addiction-like clamoring) for a new salary cap update, I will make an earnest effort to try to put something together in the next few days. While I know that several posters on this BBS have generally encapsulated much of what I'll write about, I know it's helpful to have as much information in one place as possible. There's a CHANCE I might post in the thread dedicated to the cap update, although I'm debating whether or not to do that. I'll also be tweeting during my time off.

So, having said my peace, I'll say farewell . . . for now. But I'll be back.

17. Burko

Burko Member

I always enjoy your posts, far more knowledgable than myself on the financial side of the NBA.

See you soon Bima, chin up mate.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sabbatical is good. With the trade deadline coming up, we'll need you fresh!!

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

BimaThug;

You are the best poster in this side, people who accused you of being "weak" or a "drama queen" are stupid enough without following this side closely. Without your input, the level of this side will be a huge down, I am not going to spend time to read so much trash from some people who are called as senior members. I am looking for your next thread, the sooner is the better.