1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Billy the Skid

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Dave Jamerson, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

at what point,do we allow Dotel to take over for a pitcher who is obviously struggling..he has lost some mph's on his fastball yet he still insists on trying to blow people away..

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Billy used to be one of my favorite players. I'm sure some of you know more about it than me, but one of the articles I read about Wagner really kind of turned me against him. It was some article where Billy was complaining about the Astros not being committed to improving the team, while at the same time the only reason they weren't going after other free agents or resigning there own was because they were trying to resigin him and give him the big contract that he was demanding. I don't know, he just seemed to come off like a jerk over the offseason. Does anyone agree, or was it really not that big of a deal?

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I was in Bluefield, WV last Fall when Tazewell, VA had "Billy Wagner Day." I saw the story on a local news channel.

Wagner was teary-eyed-- very touched by the hometown gesture. He still leaves a BIG chung of money in the hometown bank to help out the community they said.

Based on what I saw, I wouldn't think he was a jerk but that's about all I know about the situation.

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

On an un-related note, I thought this line fron the Chronicle about Nelson Cruz was pretty damn funny this morning:

"Leave me alone," Cruz said in Spanish as two reporters stopped by his locker stall. "Leave me alone."

Out of respect, the reporters quickly exited and became the only people Cruz retired safely.

5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

LOL! That sucks. :D

I don't like Cruz he always seems to screw up. Lugo either. Boy I can't stand Lugo. :mad:

It sucks that Roy pitched a beauty and his boys screwed it up. :(