1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Billy about to be released [MySA.com]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerinrulz, Jul 17, 2007.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I am proud that this board has finally come up with the right nickname for Spanoulis. I liked Wild Bill rather than Kill Bill, and TeenWolf was good too, but some variation of Vag-span/V-gina seems most appropriate.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

A truly marvelous plan they had there! Let me see: Blow draft after draft especially the 2001 draft; Spend 4 years in the NBA lottery to get one rotation player; Give terrible contracts that take years to come off the books to marginal players. Shuffle in and out a parade of old, cheap players. And when things don't work out - when you are left with a roster that is simply not up to winning a championship, lay the blame on the head coach (actually, that part of the PLAN appears to have worked quite well...). Given the circumstances I think JVG can be forgiven if he had no faith in the organization's plan for him.

So let me see if I understand you correctly here. When Rudy T was let go according to their plan, you were of the opinion then that he was not right for the Rockets, is that so? Because at that time I seem to remember a veritable JVG lickfest that bears a striking similarity to the Adelman lickfest currently in progress. I also seem to recall that 2 years ago, this team crashed and burned when both Yao & Tmac went down. You see, I interpreted their plan to be one where everything revolved around those two players. The other part of the plan was to surround them with "role players" or more importantly "the PROPER role players". Now JVG implemented an offense that did exactly what the plan called for: base everything around the talents of Yao & Tmac. But when that didn't work out as planned, he gets the blame because he was - as you put it - unflexible. Now nowhere has it ever been said or written that this team's ultimate fate lay in the development of its bench players. No, the mantra of the Rockets was and still is to this day that this team will only go as far as Tmac & Yao can take them. That is the plan.

Now, last season, still following the "plan", they give him a bench that was loaded with vast untapped basketball talent in Spanoulis, JL3 & Novack. But wait, the evil, inflexible (some would say incompetent) JVG refused to see this and failed to develop them permanently damaging the psyche of poor Spanoulis in the process. Now the fact that Yao Ming was lost for 32 games is incidental according to you which I find to be curious because according to the plan, he is one of the 2 pillars upon which this team was built. Anyway faced with trying to win as many games as possible (in order to prevent a repeat of the previous year), JVG opted not to lose games while letting guys who sat at the end of the bench "develop" (the b*stard!). The funny thing is that had JVG done exactly what you wanted but lost games - he would have still been slammed. As you can see, we both have vastly differing opinions on just how much of a difference these guys would have made. You just assert as a matter of course that JVG misused the "talent" that the organization furnished him (according to their "plan"). Now if that was indeed true, then I would like for you to please explain why there is now so much sentiment to rid this team of those very players you blame JVG for not developing. Exactly where did all of that basketball "potential" (in need of development) go in one short year?

My intent here is NOT to skewer you because I respect your point of view. It is merely to point out that your stated position is something of a copout because it consistently fails to look at or even consider the real reasons behind this team's lack of playoff success choosing instead to lay all blame at the feet of the head coach. JVG merely played out the hand that was dealt to him but that game was fixed because an integral part of the plan is to blame the head coach and not the organization for its failures. You know, it will be most interesting to see what your reaction will be toward Adelman if things do not turn out the way you wish them to be. From what I've seen so far, he, too, will come to feel the weight of your wrath and scorn and that will also be according to plan.

Uhhh, WEENIE BOYS??? Why WEENIE BOYS? :confused:

3. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

Man,
    I just wish ALL VSpan threads would just go away.

The guy has been a total embarassment to the Greek community.

Simply pathetic, not one of our proudest mements!

Momma's boy!

4. pacman

pacman Member

5. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

sirbaihu

I am proud that this board has finally come up with the right nickname for Spanoulis. I liked Wild Bill rather than Kill Bill, and TeenWolf was good too, but some variation of Vag-span/V-gina seems most appropriate.

V-gina seems the best to me cause the guys clearly never wanted to leave mommy's womb....

Guess he just liked womb service.........lol!

6. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

are rockets still playing his greece team??

7. JD317²

JD317² Member

yeah
    october 14th i think
    correct me if wrong