1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Billy about to be released [MySA.com]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerinrulz, Jul 17, 2007.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll never forget the posters comparing Spanoulis to Steve Nash during last year's preseason. That was priceless.

2. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more. People, you've got a new boyfriend, let it go.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh, I get it. believe me. !!!

I just wish that people would stop extropolating my stances out to the furthest degree.

They miss my entire point. It was not about whether the player was any good now, but whether they could help us in the future.

It is pretty much the same thing I have been saying for years...Boki, Reddick, V-Span etc....

If I don't think the Rockets are TRULY competitive (and by that I mean a championship contender -which IMO, we were not last year) then I want them to build some for the future.

Somehow that point gets lost and twisted into me saying they are saviours.....

Oh well.......Even Pavlov's dog needs to eat.

:D

DD

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

but beside "unattractive basketball" one of your primary argument points was that he didnt use young guys, and particularly vspan (the v stands for vagina)

5. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

That was Yao Ming saying that, as far as Span I think he can play and is giving up too soon but I think we all can say

Rafer+James+Brooks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rafer+Span+JL3

6. Flash445

Flash445 New Member

no doubt

7. The Drake

The Drake Member

Oh, that would make my day if he actually said that! :D

8. George Gervin

George Gervin Member

umm no. no mistake.

9. DaDakota

First, I am not going to get into another heated JVG discussion, as that tends to get me beat with my own Olive branch, so, just for clarity sake.....

Yes, the quoted portion is 100% true, I thought JVG was wrong in not developing players that I believed might help the Rockets franchise in the long run.

I don't fault JVG for doing what he thought was right, I admire that he stuck to his guns. He went down doing what he thought was right.

I am happy the organization took a longer view and decided to go in a new direction.

And I extremely happy that we were able to get Scola for a player that didn't want to be here.

I wish Billy luck, and glad it worked out for everyone. Especially the Rockets...

Now if we could only get Reddick....

;)

DD

#29 DaDakota, Jul 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  10. dfoolz

dfoolz Member

what do spurs fan know? nothing they are lucky to have a team and when duncan retires they will go back to what they always should have been.....nothing

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

so we can talk about Tracy Murray but not Vspan.

I agree tho, wrong forum.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I heard the pressure is on Popovich for not giving Spanoulis PT and that his job might be in jeopardy.

I say we sign Spanoulis and see if we can trade him again.

13. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

you know i have to give you a hard time but are you saying jvg did what was right or only what he thought was right?

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

My final word on VSpan: I think he has skills, but needed encouragement, training, and opportunity for them to be fully realized in the NBA. I don't believe JVG ever really wanted him, and he was pretty much "iced" for the entire season. I think JVG really got in his head and his confidence went south. We might hear from him again.

Best of luck, sorry things did not work out for you in the USA.

15. DaDakota

I am saying that JVG did what he thought was right to win each and every game.

Clearly I wanted a longer view.

DD

#35 DaDakota, Jul 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Too much information!! :eek: :D

17. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

the guy has talent...he didnt play because he doesnt have skill. i think thats the biggest difference. he's not a great passer, not a great ball handler, not a great shooter, couldnt run the offense, defense was poor, etc. he should have never even been brought over to the US, he was not ready. physically and mentally.

18. Fuse

Fuse Member

Reddick is a one dimensional player with a bad back, I don't think we really want any part of that considering we already have t-mac and his problems.

19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All Greek in Houston
    With Tuesday's trade for Jake Tsakalidis, the Rockets have both Greek players in the NBA, Tsakalidis and guard Vassilis Spanoulis.

"It will give someone for Billy to (*****) to, so that will be good," coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "We'll just sit him right over there and Billy can (*****) to him about how he's getting (*****). That will be good."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/4552241.html

well...guess one Greek wasnt enough :rolleyes:

20. bozo

bozo Contributing Member

DD
    the naysayers are just upset that "they" did not have the foresight to draft Billy (a year in advance) with the obvious intent of trading for Scola.

Now, if Scola is a no show - drinks are on you