1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Billy about to be released [MySA.com]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerinrulz, Jul 17, 2007.

1. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

Havn't seen it yet, lock if already posted

Just posting this for those worried that Billy will haunt us 4 times a year for the next 10..

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA071707.1D.spurs.3613162.html

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wrong forum.

;)

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Maybe we can pick him up.....

:rolleyes: :mad:

4. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

god he is such pvssy and his agent is just as bad as he is.

Vspan you go to hell and take your ball with you.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

Spurs fans think he is better than the backup Udrich so the Spurs are making a huge mistake in letting him go.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I wonder if the Spurs forum has a "DaDakota" that has been going on and on about how Spanoullis will be their savior. :p :D

7. DaDakota

Ok, this is funny, but I want to get one thing clear.

I NEVER....NEVER....NEVER said he was the savior, or would have made a difference.

What I said, and you can probably find thousands of posts about it.....is that I believed Rafer was not the answer, and that the Rockets were not really contenders, and that JVG and the Rockets should use the year to FIND OUT if Billy, Snyder and others were going to be part of the future of the Rockets.

I know, I post a lot, and I get skewered for some of my opinions, but at least let me get skewered for the ones I said, and not the inference that people are getting because I thought Billy would develop into a pretty good player with playing time.

And, you know what? I am happy we had V-Span on the team and happy that he is such a weenie, because we got Scola for him....and he IS a player now, which is more than V-Span is......at the present.

So, skewer away, I deserve it a lot.....but please be accurate.

:D

Now back to my regularly scheduled sausage wrap

DD

#7 DaDakota, Jul 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  8. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

He's a p***y and a quitter. The entire state of Texas should ban him from ever setting foot in it again.

9. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Don't hit your vagina on your way out

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

for someone who plays so hard and has accomplished so much overseas, you would tihnk he had more than a little desire to improve.

guess he was just emotionally weak.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, they will also be calling to fire POP because he didnt use vspan enough :p

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

VSpan may have a chance to come back October to play the Rockets in a pre-season game if he re-joins his old ball club. Come on, show us what u got.

13. DaDakota

LOL - Hey, maybe if JVG won championships, or heck even a playoff series, he would still be here.

Bidda boom, bidda bang........gone !

:D

DD

#13 DaDakota, Jul 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  14. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

V-span a weenie? I thought the proof was in the hotdog? :D

V-span crashed and burned in the NBA and it's all JVG's fault too. ;) You would think that he could follow Yao's example who came from a different culture with even bigger expectations and made it in the NBA. As it turns out, even if Billy had turned into a solid role player, the Rockets moved one of the 20 guards on the roster and got two big guys to plug into the gaping hole at PF, so I'm happy.

15. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

he'll be coming back to houston when we play against the panathikos..

we'll see if he really has the balls. :)

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Why are we still bashing VSpan? If it wasn't for his readiness to forfeit $2 million to be able to go back to Europe, we would not have gotten Scola. Spanoulis' desire to go home is a mercy of the basketball gods. It all worked out in the end:
    * Spanoulis got what he wanted, a return to Greece
    * Rockets got what they wanted, a starter at PF for cheap
    * The Spurs got what they wanted, luxury tax relief
    * Scola got what he wanted, a chance to come to the NBA
    * Butler got what he wanted, out from behind a deep set of big men in San Antonio

This trade worked so beautifully, I don't see how anyone can be mad at KillBill or anyone else.

17. rocketsmetalspd

Great news for KillBill since that means he will be at the TC to take on the Rockets. I can't wait to see that pre-season game. I wonder if VSpan will even show up to play?

18. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

I would bet not. I mean would you if things happened like they did? :rolleyes:

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Spanoulis leaves and is replaced by Mike James and Aaron Brooks.

Good times. :D

20. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Given his recent history of avoiding any and all things that are difficult and challenging, I'd go with no.

... And DaDa, hopefully the constant ribbing you're receiving will stop you in the future from latching onto Scrubby McScrubalot and proclaiming him lord and champion of the Rockets. And if this is not the case, then we will all have to redouble our efforts to achieve this desired outcome. Pavlov says, "Negative reinforcement ftw!"