1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill simmons said we should trade for okafor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigSquirm, Nov 3, 2016.

1. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

bill simmons said on a pod that the kings should do a three way trade for cousins and have jahil okafor to houston and I'm just wondering what would yall think about a player like okafor on the rockets. bad fit?

No Worries likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What would we be giving up . Okafor has great potential . But I don't think he's as good as Capela defensively right now , he's not the same type of athlete . I don't wanna trade just about anyone right now . We've gotta see how this season plays out for at least 10-15 more games

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

didn't say what we would give up and who knows what the 76ers would ask for but hopefully not something stupid one giving up capela and I'm scared of the chemistry dropping off and a jahil okafor and rhyno court would probably be horrible on defense anyways

4. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

front court

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Our only potential offer that would even be considered is an unprotected 1st plus Clint and one of KJ or Dekker . Brewer may have to be shipped out for salary purposes too . Isn't cousins on a hefty contract ?

6. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kings won't even give up Rudy Gay. No way they are giving up Cousins unless he demands a trade

8. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

yea ik ben simmons was just giving and idea

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

bill

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not a perfect fit for us, but since we desperately need talent, why not? The thing is, what kind of 3-way deal is he talking about? Kings-Rockets-Sixers doesn't make any sense...if Okafor comes here, where's Cousins going? In Philly? lol

11. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

yea ik it doesn't at all with the rise of embid but it's not the first time bill said something stupid

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, tbh i think he already did multiple times lol, they know he'll bolt after next season, i think everybody knows at this point, but i don't see them trade him before next summer, i think they want to try one last time (this season) and if it doesn't work they'll trade him in the summer.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

One more non defender?

[​IMG]

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah...if he said something like Okafor to SacTown, Cousins to Houston and multiple assets frome Houston to the Kings maybe, but Okafor to Houston with Cousins to Philly just doesn't make any sense...

15. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

LMFAO

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I want no parts of Okafor. Mainly post up player with weak defense.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Rather have Noel.

majicdonjuan and D-rock like this.
  18. BackdoorHarden

He doesn't play Defense. He's Al Jefferson aka Enes Kanter 2.0. Great offensive player but play zero D.

Rockets need defensive players when you have guys like Ryan Anderson playing PF. Noel would be a better fit for this team.

D-rock likes this.
  19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

more all o/no d players for mda. we should give them ariza and capela and a first, unprotected.

harden
    eg
    sewage
    ryan
    okafor

offense will never be a proglem as long as they dont pass to sewage.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Bill Simmons is an idiot. I don't even know what he's talking about half the time. Since he got canned from Espn he's really fallen off.

With that said if it's a three team trade and we get okafor and philly gets cousins and sac gets whatever we send out why wouldn't we just deal directly with sac and get cousins?

Cousins on our team makes a lot of sense. okafor not so much.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.