1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: I need a T-Shirt that says "Official Harden 2017 MVP Voter"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beard, Nov 17, 2017.

1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

The was beginning of the season.

Towards the end Calvin was doing good.

Then he got fired.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Wow.. just ran the numbers... If all ESPN had gone Harden he would’ve won..

BigMaloe, ElDobleK, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Is it the return of FTW? or another one of basketballholic’s underground attack dogs.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I think Harden gave out a bit at the end...kinda lost it in the last minute

Still if he doesn't win it this year, he never will

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Na not FTW. When FTW passed on to the other side we had long forgotten our differences. This imposter is something more. Something darker. Just some lame. I have looked at the imposters post history and he is frequenting the topic of race and what not and visiting the D&D (which I do not). I know several people on this forum in actual real life and if this imposter says something offensive I hope they know it was not I. Now if this coward wants to show himself on his real account then Leggo. I'll hit up @SirIvyLeague and the old squad from the westside and we can get down to the gritty.

SirIvyLeague and ApacheWarrior like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You know your antagonist(s) better than I. More power to you my friend. You have always been a stand up person
    with me. I often call you “PENster” but I’ve seen others call you “Clubber”. Any nickname you prefer?

You’ve earned it in my eyes

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Call me what feels right, friend. You remind me of someone. A good man. A valuable member of the forum. A true blessing.

ApacheWarrior and J.R. like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Report him, if you haven't already. Stealing another posters identity, even as a joke, should not be allowed.

Patience and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

They'd have to mess with the fam @Progs @rockpileindisma

SIL

rockpileindisma likes this.
  10. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

So the rest of the media thought Harden deserve it more, but BSPN had so much voting power they made WB win?

11. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Don't think Harden is still getting better?

Fullcourt likes this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden's going to lose the MVP this year to Kyrie Irving.

13. rockpileindisma

It's the holy ****ing trinity

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Brussard and all the other dumbasses at ESPN that are causing DIS to bleed money are mellenials? I've got this whole generation thing confused.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I believe that the reddit horde that consisted mainly of a bunch of Russian trolls cloaking themselves in OKC URL's with Thunder avatars were the reason why Westbrook won the narrative battle and subsequently the MVP. And those people commonly get lumped into the millenial crowd, when really it's the boomers doing all the button-pushing.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What were the numbers, minus ESPN?

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

If you took out ALL the ESPN votes then Harden still loses 692-599 total. 53 FP votes for Westbrook compared to 20 for Harden.

If you did without Turner and ESPN (the two largest broadcasters of NBA) Harden still loses 590-518. He just wasn't going to win but thats always been my problem with these media votes. ESPN/TNT etc will push the narrative they want to get better ratings/stories, in this case it was definitely westbrook last season and they get to vote so in hindsight it was like they were right. The only problem is that now that Westbrook has arguably more talent than Harden does why is it that the Thunder are performing so poorly and the "horrible players" OKC lost are all playing well on their new teams and their new teams are doing better than expected. Harden still playing amazing and his team without CP3 for the first month of the season still posted a 10-4 record. You can easily make the case that this team without CP3 is a decent amount less talented than OKC is.

DonKnock and durvasa like this.
  18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The real question is why do these people even have a say in who gets MVP? This should only be voted on by NBA coaches. You know, the ones that have to plan against these guys.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And then there is the trickle down effect where sports writers just nod their heads at the narratives the TV broadcasters are pushing. There are fringe stat geeks that wont be swayed but those are outliers.

Most people just parrot the broader media narratives.

Media wants heroes and villains. KD vs Westbrook. Kyrie vs LeBron.

Harden isn't a flashy player. He produces efficiently but those aren't highlights. It is not the same as Giannis swooping in for a huge dunk etc.

All of those things are factors.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

definitely at the end of the day as much as we want to pound our chest saying "Rockets this/Harden MVP 2x" etc the NBA is in the entertainment business and quite frankly I dont think anyone in the NBA front office cares who wins the championship as long as its the team that makes them the most money. If Hornets vs Jazz brought in more money than GS vs Boston then the NBA would be perfectly fine with that and would roll with that. It wasnt too long ago that Stern said his dream finals would be Lakers vs Lakers not because to see Shaq/Kobe go head to head against themselves but because of the huge market and fan base they have that would bring in the $$

DonKnock likes this.