1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Brien earned his keep tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I like the adjustment of more play action and having Watson move the pocket. Now, if only we could get some motion...

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Hate on this thread all you want, but I still think O'Brien is doing an excellent job with this team. He's scheming very well for what he has to work with.

Now, if only his clock management could catch up to his scheming.

I've been saying it for two years, and I'll say it again - there's a good chance Bill Obrien could coach this team for twenty plus years.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Lol, idk about 20 years, but this is exactly what was advertised with OB, finally. We have a dynamic, adaptive scheme, that uses our playmakers in unique ways. Who woulda thought all it took was a good QB? :rolleyes:

Clock management is still inexcusable.

4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I think Bill will leave the second he gets an opportunity to get away from Rick Smith.

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I don't know about that....... I would think the chance to coach a genuine franchise QB would be difficult for him to walk away from, especially since he's not doing it for a team that bottomed out to acquire that QB. He has a good nucleus of young & old to build around.

red5rocket likes this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

And it seems like they have a good relationship. They’re listening and learning from each other. (BOB and Watson)

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Watson.

[​IMG]

Fullcourt likes this.
  8. texian

texian Member

Found this on another board...

Chad Morris: Watson Told Me “I Hope It’s The Texans”

April 28, 2017

Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans made a move and got a big-time quarterback for the first time since 2002. The guy they wanted also wanted them, according to Deshaun Watson’s former coach Chad Morris.

Morris told Mad Radio on SportsRadio 610 Tuesday Morning that Watson wanted to be drafted by the Texans.

“After he came back from the Texans,” Morris told Mike Meltser and Seth Payne. “That was it. That’s was where he wanted to go. Even last night I rode the bus over with him to the red carpet and he looked over at me and he said, ‘Coach I hope it’s the Texans.’

“This is a guy that wants to be there. If you could have seen the emotion when the phone rang when we first heard Houston traded up and you heard the phone ring…he just lifts everybody up.”

red5rocket and Two Sandwiches like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

BOB is slowly getting my trust back especially that he’s opened the playbook and making new schemes for every opponent each week via his press conference on Monday

red5rocket and Fullcourt like this.