1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biggest OBVIOUS Flopper: Raja Bell

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is primarily the Reason I don't like the suns

his OBVIOUS Flopping and he gets away with it is just almost enough to
    make me think the game is fixed

Rocket River

2. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

He isn't my favorite player but he isn't as dirty as Bowen or the phantom flopper of Ginobili--not sure of your point.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I would have to disagree. Maybe it's because we see too much of Bowen and Manu, but Raja Bell is up there with the best of them. It's not that he flops and falls and flails around; it's that he'll make the smallest contact look like someone ripped out his left testicle and force fed it to him.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Devin Harris is rapidly rising up the obvious floppers list. This kid is getting more rediculous by the day.

5. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

Have we all forgotten how bad Vlade Divac flopped? All Shaq would have do to is like put a finger on him and he'll be flailing into the first row.

6. cavevato

cavevato Member

Hes got nothing on Devin Harris, TRUST ME

7. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

I hate raja bell and his flopping dirty ass tactics. And he is the phantom flopper of ginobilli.

8. ThreePointShot

I can't believe I forgot his name.
    The Brazilian guy with the 'fro with the Cavs.
    That's a flopper.

Just remembered. Varejao.

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Does jumping in front of a man pretending to take charges count as flopping? Because if so, our VSpan and Battier would be counted in

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

yes he does. Devin is just starting to flop a bit this season but raja is up there with bowen and Ginobili. It's as if they attended the same defensive school, they love to flop and their play borders on dirty but it's not.

11. Sextuple Double

He isn't even on Iverson's level

12. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Yea, Iverson to me is THE biggest obvious flopper. For some reason no one ever mentions him when the topic of floppers comes up. Its ridiculous how he flops.

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

No one's worse than Manu "I GOT SHOT!!!" Ginobilli

Evan

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

pretending???

OMG

Battier takes guys chargin into his chest full force, there aint no PRETENDING to it.

now, that charge Span took against GS was iffy, but too close to call in realtime.

In case you arent just being intentionally dense, flopping involves falling down like someone shot you when there is barely any contact.

Battier does NOT flop, his defensive positioning is one of the best in the league.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

NO i think harris has risen to be the biggest flopper in the league. he flops on both ends of the court, watch him every time he drives he acts like he has been shot in the arm. it may not be as exagerrated as ginobili, but he does it every time down the court unlike ginobili who picks his spots.

defensively the guy does nothing but flop, watch next time he is posted up he will be snapping his head back and falling down before the offensive player even has position.

iverson and ginobili exagerrate their flops but they flop maybe 3-5 times a game, but harris will do it at LEAST 3-5 per quarter.

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Funny ... one of my favorite scenes in last night's game was a sequence in which Raja Bell drove to the basket, the spun around, and Bruce Bowen (guarding him) flopped and fell back to the floor. The ref was right behind him and refused to buy it, and Bell easily drained the short jumper.

Bruce Bowen then got up and glared at the referee for a few moments ... ref was like "go get acting lessons next time".

Raja bell flops sometimes, no question. But he doesn't even hold a candle to some of the more egregious offenders like Ginobili and Harris. Devin Harris is particularly terrible -- he will seize every possible opportunity to step in front of someone, flail his arms wildly and flop. It's disgusting.

17. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Spanoulis, maybe. I haven't really seen him flop in a Rockets uniform because he hasn't been on the floor that much -- but in European and international competition, he's been known to do it.

Battier? Heck no. Battier never flops ... he takes charges like a man. Sometimes with injurious results. How many times have we seen him run off to the locker room to get stitched up? Battier is a MAN. A true defender.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't know if you guys were around or saw it, but I think it was about 10-15 years ago this happened.

Tim Melton was the sports anchor on Channel 13's news on the broadcast I believe. It was either him or Bob Allen. We were playing the Jazz. I guarantee you it was the greatest snapshot of flopping disgrace ever to be recorded on video - bar none.

They showed 3(?) Jazz players all collapsing as if on queue to the ground simultaneously when nothing had been done to them. They were just standing there while the play was going on and all of a sudden - splat - about 3 of them just collapsed to the ground as if they had been shot.

I wish that were the digital age - I would've archived that clip forever. :cool:

19. dividend

dividend Member

glad to see i'm not the only one that first thought of Devin Harris when it comes to flopping.. touch him with your pinky, and you'd think he's getting run over by a bulldozer

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I detest Flopping. It just destroys my enjoyment of the game.
    The NBA Refs are beginning to remind me of the Refs in Wrestling

Rocket River