1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Brother 18.5 - Over the Top

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Didn't know what to call it since it's between 2 seasons, but I'm glad we get to endure more Big Brother!

Starts on 9/28. Below is the weekly schedule -

[​IMG]

The cast -

One of these guys is coming back for this OTT season....voting is going on now -

[​IMG]

The newbies below -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Alex Willett (25)
    [​IMG]
    Danielle Lickey (23)
    [​IMG]
    Justin Duncan (27)

Alex Willett (25)
    Current City: Dallas, Texas

Danielle Lickey (23)
    Current City: Visalia, Calif.

Justin Duncan (27)
    Current City: New Orleans, La.

[​IMG]
    Kryssie Ridolfi (31)
    [​IMG]
    Michael Ligon (41)
    [​IMG]
    Monte Massongill (25)

Kryssie Ridolfi (31)
    Current City: Schaumburg, Ill.

Michael “Cornbread” Ligon (41)
    Current City: Augusta, Ga.

Monte Massongill (25)
    Current City: Olive Branch, Miss.
    [​IMG]
    Morgan Willett (22)
    [​IMG]
    Neeley Jackson (33)
    [​IMG]
    Scott Dennis (24)

Morgan Willett (22)
    Current City: Austin, Texas

Neeley Jackson (33)
    Current City: Forth Worth, Texas

Scott Dennis (24)
    Current City: Bangor, Maine

[​IMG]
    Shane Chapman (24)
    [​IMG]
    Shelby Stockton (24)
    [​IMG]
    Whitney Hogg (21)

Shane Chapman (24)
    Current City: Pisgah Forest, N.C.

Shelby Stockton (24)
    Current City: Simi Valley, Calif.

Whitney Hogg (21)
    Current City: Whitesburg, Ky.

Details on this particular season -
    • New Cast. Executive Producer Allison Grodner didn't exclude the idea of vets returning for the digital version. However, she stated wanting to save the superstar players for a summer season. The majority of the Big Brother: Over the Top Cast should be newbies.
    • Julie Chen will be involved. We can assume that Julie will host live evictions. However, CBS Interactive president Marc DeBevoise stated that her role would be “a little different” than what fans are used to. We’ll have to see exactly what that means in the fall.
    • The prize money cut in half. Instead of playing for $500,000, the contestants will compete for $250,000. Still a lot of money, but not as thrilling as $500,000.
    • Episodes air weekly. To satisfy broadcast viewers who might join the live feeds world, CBS will have episodes on CBS All-Access every Wednesday at 10PM ET/7PM PT. The episodes will then be available on-demand the next day. The Big Brother: Over The Top press release said episodes on Wednesday, so we’re not sure if that means one live eviction episode on Wednesday or three episodes uploaded all at once, similar to three episodes airing a week.
    • 24-Hour Access. Unlike previous seasons, Big Brother: Over The Top, will let fans see everything. This means that competitions and ceremonies will no longer be blocked out. This also means that Big Brother won’t have a major set for most competitions.
    • Incentive to make contestants stay awake. Grodner didn’t go into details, but she stated that there would be things going on in the house to keep the players up. This means fans should have something to watch and explore more often. We won’t get hours of boredom from watching people sleep.
    • “Unprecedented interactive opportunities that have an immediate impact on the game.” Fans will get the opportunity to vote on things that will affect players 24-7.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I think I'll pay for the first month to see how it goes. they'll need to find a medium between being produced and letting people watch when they want. too often on after dark they're just sitting around whispering to each other which is boring.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm not going to pay $6 per month for one season of BB. But if it is free I will watch.

Not having a jury changes the game quite a bit. Villains are likely doomed in the end. There''s a little less social gameplay inside the house. Jury still kinda the same as people are people, but less individual impact in the house.

Julie Chen is almost irrelevant, although I once said that about Bob Sagett after he left and I have to admit AFH videos was never quite the same... until they got Tom Bergeron to host.

The money is almost irrelevant too, but 250k is salty, so who really cares who wins it. 500k is paulty for show making as much money as they make too. The cast pretty much holds your attention.

And the new cast looks good. Will root for Whitney Hogg based on pictures.

#3 PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'll watch but I'm sure as hell not paying. I'll borrow from the internet like always.

Rockets34Legend likes this.
  5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

so people won't pay $18 for 3 months access to watch BB but you'll go to the movies and spend that much for 2 hours entertainment and popcorn?

TdashDUB likes this.
  6. The Diceman

The Diceman Member

got a free one week trial online

7. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

i hope it's closer in format to UK's BB.

there the house nominates & a week later the nation votes for eviction. Plus, day of eviction, audience noise is piped into the house.

For example, while Paulie was ruling the house this year, thinking he's hot shite, on eviction day (whether on the block or not) he'd have heard "Get Paulie out!" "Get Paulie out!"

The house then realizes, "he's / i'm hated on the outside. WTF"...i like the dynamic it influences,

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

So far not impressed. I didn't see the premier show figured i could catch it on "all access" but it has never been posted. They are supposed to have daily recaps... as of today they only have the 9/29 and 9/30 recaps and they're only 8 mins long. I don't care about the live feeds because I don't have time to sit and watch nothingness all day waiting for something to happen. Looks like I'll cancel all access unless my daughter wants to keep it.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I like how they make the females take PROFILE (side) photos. Hubba hubba... :cool:

hvic likes this.
  10. ptR91

ptR91 Member

That's what I thought also, a premier episode, but I think it was the 15 min video to introduce the season. They officially start the new episode this Wednesday. The daily recaps are weekday recaps, so no weekend recaps.

11. hvic

hvic Member

I was about to post the same thing. welcome back Swoly-d

SwoLy-D likes this.
  12. cardpire

cardpire Member

so are they having regular, edited shows? if so what nights are they?

13. ptR91

ptR91 Member

Wednesday's 10 pm eastern, 7 pacific. Online only or watch on demand the next day.

14. cardpire

cardpire Member

so there's an edited show only 1 night/week?

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Is the edited show on demand cable or through and app ( Thursdays ), or only available online? And is is free?

16. ptR91

ptR91 Member

Yeah only Wednesdays.

I would think the Wednesday's episodes will be in the "full episodes" tab on cbs all access.
    I had Comcast and they had on demand, I assume it's free if you have on demand.

17. what

what Member

Not even going to watch it, it is stupid.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Last nights' "show" was basically a compilation of all of the weekday recaps. Then I feel asleep during the boring HOH competition. Guess it really is better as a show with 2-3 compilation shows a week (+1 live eviction).

19. PhiSlammaJamma

I reckon folks are re-discovering the value of editing and production in terms of entertainment. The question is can just watching people or sports entertain without any thought out additional layers, and it seems likely not so far. We need commentary and inserted drama. Yet, we can watch puppies and kittens for long periods of time and be totally entertained, lol.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When this isn't on every week, multiple times per week, you forget this show is going on.

moderate levels of scumbagery going on this season.

The divide in the house is different but not surprising at all: Pretty white girls on one side, the minorities and outcasts on the other.

The all girl/all white alliance + creepy Scott is a strong alliance, these girls are very smart. I'm rooting against them, but they are formidable and their competition is kind of dumb.

Interesting the two alpha males are gone. There are no more viable males in the house to get the females off subject to sacrifice game play for love. I don't think that would have never happened if this was on network TV.

No crowd is very disorienting. Knowing when they are evicted they aren't coming back and then there is no crowd cheering when they leave is really creepy to me. It's like the contestants are The Langoliers.

#20 DreamShook, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016