1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Take your common sense elsewhere. If you don't have your torches and pitchforks then you support a racist and you might be racist too!

Now you guys know why I made my criticism thread in D&D.

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

3. ipaman

Look at all the "Likes"

This generation is all kinds of stupid.

4. ipaman

I said this exact phrase in a conference and it drew laughs. I've used this exact phrase with my youth soccer team (they were the inmates) and players and parents laughed out loud. Team is super diverse too. Kids from all places and backgrounds.

I guess that makes me a racist and my conference members and parents too for laughing?!

5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I really doubt this has anything to do with McNair. Dude just gave an inmate $81 million. Probably a family emergency.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The owner of my company has used the exact phrase *with the substitution of asylum for prison* to describe situations in our office before. I honestly believe that had McNair gotten the phrasing correct this wouldn't be an issue at all.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh boy..

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I don't blame Hopkins. These comments have put the players in a very awkward situation. I'm sure many of the players and staff on the team disagree with McNairs out of touch, insensitive comments.

9. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

You dont enjoy the intellectual muses of Draymond and Sherman? Stupid issues like this will always bring out the riff-raff.

ipaman likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

it's clearly an owner putting the gun in front of the cart and mixing up his idioms. Mcnair is not a racist. We have a black gm, godfather that bob probably loves more than his own kids.
    "got get in there with the ox." Mcnair loves those idioms.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I support the players and what the team represents for the city of Houston. That to me, means more than what I suspect McNair to be. I never particularly liked McNair and if he no longer owns the team I'll be happy.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Aside from being bad at selecting people to run his team, what has McNair ever done to make someone not like him?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The only time "owner" really bothers me is when a player (or another team employee) calls the team owner "my owner." I kind of with they would just say "my team owner" instead. "My owner" kind of sounds like the owner owns the person speaking.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This reminds of when some contestant on The Apprentice used the idiom, “the pot calling the kettle black.” in an argument with Omarasa (A black woman). She got really offended and claimed racism. People should refrain from using metaphors and phrases in serious situations. Plain English people!

15. mario_v

mario_v Member

Sherman is an idiot and a race baiter, just like Michael Bennett.

Didn’t Bennett get caught lying about the cops threatening to shoot him in the head?

But yet no one in the media is calling him out on his BS. He’s trying to divide this country and spewing lies over his bull sh it cause.

sugrlndkid likes this.
  16. Mr. Space City

congratulations bob on creating a scandal and a distraction when you could have just shut the **** up you ****ing idiot.

roxallways and mario_v like this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

It is a common analogy and figure of speech. It was used as at an inappropriate time and he shouldve been more politicaly aware of how it can be interpreted in this situation but it does nothing to show this man has bad character.

He pulled the offended party aside and apologized privately in addition to issuing a public apology. What else can he do?

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Sherman is the dumbest smart guy in the sports world. It is infuriating. I want to like him due to his style of play but my god man, don't be such a fool.

19. ipaman

Sorry I meant to have /s

Scary that you actually think he might be racist. That blows my mind. You're like Jim Carey, ALL signs point to NO but you're telling yourself there's a chance!

20. the shark

the shark Member

Oh I'm paying attention to your words and the more you spew out here the more you show how truly ignorant you are.

So "donating to the Trump campaign increases the likelihood that McNair is racist"?

sugrlndkid, Bobbythegreat and ipaman like this.