1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beyond LeBron: 2018 FA Class

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by j@amc, Jun 14, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes terrible because he just isn't that good of a player. its not like he's the only one. there's plenty of other guys in the league that aren't that good. A top 5 pick thats been the same player for 5 straight years and at this point still is mediocre if even that. I prefer guys that actually work to get better not guys that are complacent and show no signs of improvement, especially coming in as a rookie

2. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

the only way we get rid of Ryno is if we're going for LBJ/PG...its not worth dumping multiple first rounders to get rid of him with no one worthy of using that money on.

IF we strike out on both, which its looking like, we bring back everyone and add a backup C and another versatile wing.

Top picks for me in order:
    Gaurds:Evans, Danny Green, Bradley,
    Backup center: Dedmon, Harrel, Amir johnson

Danny green is someone I havent heard much about, guy would fit very well and bring in some ship experience

#42 BeardSanity, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If we have the full MLE and not the Taxpayer MLE, I think you throw the full amount at Kentavious Caldwell Pope and hope for the best. He's a very good 3&D player that can replace Ariza and/or Luc if either one of them leaves. Sure he made $17 million on a one year contract last year but that's more of an outlier.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It will be the taxpayer MLE. Assume that. And it likely won't be enough. I mean KCP could do another 1 year 15M deal with another team to wait again for 2019.

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. j@amc

j@amc Member

I'm with you. Len is young, 7-4 wingspan, 70% FT shooter, is willing to rebound. No, he's not a franchise center but he checks a ton of boxes on a team looking to win that needs to be able to matchup with various styles of play. I don't see anyone throwing 10 or 12 million a year at him. So team friendly looks like his market.

However, our backup center might be Hartenstein. I've liked what I've seem from him. He's got that work ethic that you love to see in a young big man. . . I simply mention Len and H just to call attention to the fact that there are other options beside DeAndre Jordan and Capela.

I almost didn't put KCP in my list because I doubt that we can afford him.

bulkatron likes this.
  6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Raw counting stats, sure. But he was a minus defender and an average roll man.

Anyway, I don't really have a dog in this fight. I think Len will turn out to be pretty good, but not starter good. I'll let his play do the talking, and if he proves me wrong, well that's on his bank account - not mine!

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think Hartenstein has potential - but it's hard to extrapolate D-league success to NBA success. That's why I think hedging your bet by getting a guy like Len may allows us some more depth.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

some guys just don't pan out. Len is just one of those guys to me. And again, hes not the only one. it's just were specifically talking about him in this conversation.

9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

In general, you're right. But I feel like you're ignoring the leap he made last year. He went from certified bust to probable backup big with upside. Traditional bigs can be late bloomers. I wouldn't bet the farm on him, but on a cheap deal? Sign me up.