1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beyonce and her managers/dad strong arm song away from original singer/writer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of Beyonce's music, but I think she's hot and I respect a local girl making it big. My sisters have told me before about Beyonce stealing ideas for performances from other artists. I get that the producer screwed this girl over, but it's messed up that Beyonce's dad is trying to get Beyonce to be listed as the writer of the song.

Anyways, I saw this on WWTDD:

Also found the Beyonce version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVTyLqkez6A

2. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

holy ****. i totally believe they stole the song. this is messed up. i hate these song thieves. :mad:

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

i wish the music industry would just go away already

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't know enough about this case
    but
    why Automatically beleive it?

Rocket River

5. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

it sounds so not like any r&b songs. :D and it's on that girl's website. she wouldn't be so dumb to do a cover without giving credit. her stuff would've got taken down long time ago.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

kind of like that movie she was in..Dream girls...
    that sux, but I'm sure it goes on all the time...

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just sue her.

Beyonce is a gorgeous...HACK !

DD

#7 DaDakota, Oct 14, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  8. Landlord Landry

Beyonce needs a spankin. Bad girl.

9. DaDakota

That is absolute rubbish, ...that girl should sue the heck out of her....and have some good girl on girl action recorded and put up on YouTube as punishment for her crimes.

BC's version....better than BeyonceThiefs...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBznOwS7IbA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBznOwS7IbA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DD

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The Knowles have come to terms with BC Jean though. She has gotten some publicity and seems to have a bright future. It looks like somebody will sign her.

The reason for the push for a writing credit is for royalty payments from radio plays. If the Performance Royalty Act goes through, that would allow performers to get royalty payments from radio plays also.

I am glad there is a happy ending and hope she makes it big.

Here's an update from Fox news.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,437823,00.html

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I've read stories about Beyone's father being a major douche. Some established producers have complained about having meetings w/ him and he treats them like minimum wage workers who should be thankful they're in the same room.

He and Beyone should learn to play instruments and write their own damn songs.

12. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

I guess thats why her and Jay-Z are a perfect match. Biters.

13. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I have heard her dad is soley focused on her career and screw everything and everyone else. Guess that is good for her, but sucks for everyone else.

14. DaDakota

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6zHkMuQBWw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6zHkMuQBWw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice parody of the song.

DD

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

WWTDD isn't journalism, it's entertainment and commentary. What's missing from this story is the likely fact that big label singers probably buy songs all the time: their contribution is as performers and personalities, not artists. Commercially speaking, all creative enterprises are crapshoots, so if people can't come to terms, then the guy with the tighest contracts and the most lawyers wins. BC Jean probably should have known that before she recorded and produced songs with an overseas label.

16. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Thats a terrible song anyway. She should be ashamed of writing such a crappy song.

17. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Pop artists due this stuff all the time. Not just them though.

Led Zeppelin did this a lot and they're one of the greatest bands ever.

From what I've seen, Beyonce does write a lot of her stuff though. And while her dad may be a douche, she seems fairly down to Earth, but who knows.

As for her not being gorgeous (DaDa).............. I don't know what that dude is on, but it must be expensive. :p

18. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Fairly down to Earth??!!

I'm assuming you haven't seen this..
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xia_gu356Pk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xia_gu356Pk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

true, Zeppelin also got sued and had to settle out of court on a few of their songs that they adapted, including Bring It On Home, The Lemon Song, and Whole Lotta Love.

they have changed their songwriting credits over the years to reflect that, particularly on their first two albums...

but they still got away with quite a bit of creative plagiarism.

20. DaDakota

Oh come on, she got caught trying to basically get a cool song for nothing and had to settle out of court to use it.

The BC Jean version is better, IMO, more emotion.

I did like the dude's parody though...he has a nice tone.

DD