1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley to undergo knee surgery, D'Antoni says he could miss 20 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Oct 21, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rushing back from knee surgery has never lead to poor results or setbacks. What could go wrong?

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Might have to start calling him Mr. 61 Games instead of Mr. 94 Feet.

Remlap likes this.
  3. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Lets hope we don't have another kneemac situation on our hands. Tmac knee went and that was followed by his game.

4. touring_low

touring_low Member

He just posted this on his IG

zeeshan2, Jayzers_100 and heypartner like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wow. He's already turning the corner!! See it?

gravityonme, AceOfSpades and cdrive like this.
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Wolverine Lives!!

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Patrick Beverley told ESPN he started lifting weights on his surgically repaired left knee on Sunday. Beverley said he'll start running in a few days. His goal is to return mid-November, no later than Nov. 21.

vstexas09 likes this.
  8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

take it slow bev...

9. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

He should seriously take it slow, after JJ Watt rushed back, I have become a little apprehensive about others doing the same...

10. thiefery

thiefery Member

We need him, however don't rush it Bev. Am I crazy for wanting Pablo back? Ennis is playing terrible right now

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Ennis is about to turn the corner

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

....and run smack-dab into a wall?

No, hopefully j/k. The kid does show that he can play, but the NBA obviously isn't forgiving for those trying to catch up on the fly, so I have my fingers crossed. I do think he might be earmarked for some sort of trade throw-in come December 15th or whatever, but whenever there's trade speculation on the board, 98.67% of the time it doesn't come true.

13. hakeemthagreat

It's funny how ppl crap all on Bev when he's healthy. Those same ppl only see his worth when he's not there. Interesting

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL, you're hilarious.

You're comparing an athlete who plays a real sport in Bev to a fake tough guy who is unathletic in JJ Fatt that plays egg ball. It should be obvious that the unathletic take longer to recover.

Apples - Oranges.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  15. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

What do you think is PBev's trade value right now?

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

0. Making trades happen is hard enough without complicating with an injury.

RFFL likes this.
  17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I'll crap on him now as well. Everyone acts like he is this great defensive stopper. When he first came up he seemed to have some defensive chops now he is a matador that tries hard, but gets gored most every possession. That said we need him because we have to have someone that can handle the point while Harden sits and that sure isn't Ennis. I think Morey realizes Bev sucks and that's why he took a shot on Ennis. Too bad we didn't have the forethought (or cap) to keep Livingston, Isiah Thomas, or LIn.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't want Wolverine. Just want someone that can stay on the floor.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Actually there are almost zero people on the board who call him a great defensive stopper for a long time.

However, the board IS flooded with people who say they are mad that people call him a great defensive stopper. It seems those people are just not able to see the big picture, which tends to make people angry.

He's a good defender and a really good shooter and he almost never turns the ball over and he gives more effort and hustle than 99% of NBA players + he does all this at something like $6m.

LIN! lol I wish I hadn't bothered replying. That last 3 letter word shows how woefully terrible you are at assessing players. At $7m Jeremy Lin wants to handle the ball most of his minutes and act like James Harden. Doesn't care about winning, doesn't value giving solid minutes off the bench of a good team, just cares about looking good even if it's on a bad team and making money. Give me Bev any day of the week and twice on..

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

There's no such thing as a true 'stopper' at the PG position anyway. Beverley's a good solid defender who plays with motor and makes his counterpart work. That's all you can ask for from a point guard.