1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley: The Grim Reaper

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Oct 6, 2013.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

First Westbrook, then Evans tonight, and then he goes and rips Jrue Holiday's soul. Is there any doubt that Holiday will never ever be the same again?

How many careers will Beverley end before it is all said and done? Someone needs to stop him.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

holiday is respectable, just met his master tonite

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

In all seriousness, while a I love Beverley's tenacity, I hope it doesn't become a case where he's going to end up injuring opposing players and borderline cheap (Bowen) level of defense.

4. strifed169

strifed169 Member

He must be toughening up Lin if he has to go against that in training all the time, the guy is a hound

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

.......Really?

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I know it's just preseason, but as a 23 year old reigning all-star, you can't let that happen. Especially if you are playing the position dedicated to taking care of the basketball most of the time.

Fouling out as well was just insult to injury.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Beverley's type of defense is certainly much more useful in today's NBA where you really need to disrupt opposing PGs. But it will be interesting to see how this affect his stamina. He may end up having to save some energy on offense as result though.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Beverley made Jrue Holiday look like Reece Gaines.

9. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beverley is an awesome defender. He was destructive tonight.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

In all seriousness, what he did tonight to Holiday was WAY worse than anything he did to Westbrook or Evans.

You injure a knee, you can inject some German blood platelets into it.

You injure an ankle, you can walk it off.

You take a man's pride, on the other hand, and he is no longer a man.

Holiday is looking long and hard in the mirror tonight when he gets home. A full body mirror in the bathroom after a cold shower searching for the manhood that he lost.

1 person likes this.
  11. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not to make this into a Lin vs. Beverley discussion, but this is actually kind of why I like Beverley coming off the bench. I think he's much more suited to being a 20-25 MPG player who wreaks havoc while he's out there, when he can expend a lot of energy quickly and not worry about getting into foul trouble.

12. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

home boy is gonna cause some damage this year

cant wait to see him go up against Drose

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

is it me or CXbby (OP) is the most knee jerker in Clutchfans? Dude started like 5 threads tonight after the first preseason game and treats casspi like he's Robert Horry

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Celebrating injuries is classless.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Beverley's defense on Holiday tonight is no way sustainable. And I would hope not, otherwise players would be dropping out of the NBA like flies.

If you haven't watched it yet, he literally straight up picked his pocket, took his cookies, stole his lunch money, back to back to back... to back. Ending up with Holiday decking Beverley and fouling out.

If you thought Linsanity vs Miami was bad, this was epically worse. And I know that sounds like hyperbole for a preseason game, but I have literally never seen anything like that in professional basketball.

#15 CXbby, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

is it me or does mig0s (you) not know how to count? Try using your fingers, it should fit on one hand.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You hope that beverly does not play as good a defense as he did tonight? lol what the hell. Seriously hope that he plays this type of defense every nite and becomes defensive player of the year.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Better late than never, right CXbby??

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

You do realize that everyone here knew Beverley was good after like his 2nd game as a Rocket?

You didn't 'discover' him, buddy.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, i hear you.;)