1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Fan Experience: March Madness or NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by heypartner, Apr 18, 2013.

?

What do you prefer?

1. NBA Playoffs

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  2. March Madness

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. What does this thread have to do with JJ Watts?

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

For me, hands down the NBA.

There is nothing like a roaring home crowd when you are there live cheering with them. These closed arenas are electric and deafening. There are no "home" games in the NCAA tournament. It's just a prolonged series of neutral locations. I guess that's cool if you are watching from home, because your team is away playing in Portland, Maine or sumpin. But they shouldn't be playing away on neutral courts when you most want to see them live.

Basketball is a metaphor for life where I come from. You can't fully experience it unless you are at the Finals with a roaring group of home town people.

March Madness can never achieve that.

PLAYOFFS time. Get a Ticket!!

GO ROCKETS!!

#1 heypartner, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yes the better LIVE FAN experience would be in-arena for your pro home team in games that are about winning it all.

The casual fan at-home viewing and participation, it might be even among March Madness and NBA Playoffs.

Brackets and betting in March Madness with each game a do-or-die elimination game, along with A LITTLE school spirit or conference support as rooting interest, with actual UPSETS much more likely. And if you're the sentimental type, its seeing that some of those kids will never experience the big moment in the big stage again. It all makes for a little drama, its a naturally good draw.

While the NBA Playoffs can really drag on, and upset potential isnt as much. NBA is about watching greatness cuz its the best at their sport. Its about comparing current greats to past greats. Its about seeing Lebron go up in the ranks of the elite, its not so much about team competitive balance.

BUT, thats also a benefit to the NBA. Cuz actually the NCAA game on court can be noticeably rag-tag compared to the pros. (And this thread isnt about a comparison, its about saying "NBA PLAYOFF TIME IS HERE, WOOHOO" :grin:)

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ask this in June.

For me, there aren't enough games in the NCAA tournament and the dead time between rounds is frustrating. The NBA playoffs saturate my craving for b-ball because they are so much longer and involve multiple games daily for a long period of time.