1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

We know you do. And we know you're wrong.

2. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

gus knew something was up with nacho...is it possible mike told him about the pills?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

3 separate payouts of $3 million I believe. And everything was already outlined, it was part of the original agreement from the firm's inception, not something new that needed to be drafted. But yeah, good observation, I guess we're not 100% sure if anyone else knows which exit strategy Chuck accepted. Howard has been honorable though. But perhaps he'll be off the hook legitimately.

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

it was $8 million but since he was paying over time he just said screw it and gave him $9 million i think.

I don't think Chuck knows about the huge payout they were about to receive from sand piper. maybe howard is not as standup a guy as we imagined? he may have taken out a short term loan because he knew the money was coming.

but he also seems like a good guy who got sick of chucks bs in the end.

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Y'all ready for some S2 Preacher? Come on naw!

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Howard say "three payments per partnership agreement." So, I took that as a contract exists.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

First time I've felt bad for Chuck in this series...

8. SuraGotMadHops

I just can't feel bad for Chuck, not ever since his "you're not a real lawyer" speech to Jimmy, back when Jimmy was actually trying to get on the straight and narrow. Chuck is a vindictive, jealous, conniving schemer, and he's just as responsible for Slippin' Jimmy, as Jimmy himself.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. dandorotik

He acted like a douche to Jimmy because Jimmy falsified documents to get a client back- which made Howard's firm look like ****. With Kim, he mentored her for years and even paid her college tuition, and then she wants to return the gift. He was a douche going up to them and calling her "my protege," but he's not that big of a douche. He's been the fall guy for Chuck for a long time - telling Jimmy that the firm didn't want him when it was really Chuck that didn't want him. He's been one of the more decent people in the entire show.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun feel bad about him but nobody should suffer.

11. dandorotik

The way I see it, everybody loses. This is very similar to Breaking Bad, in which people just can't get past their insecurities, and egos, and faults to do the right thing. Chuck brought about his own demise. At the same time, he has a mental illness, and you can't help but feel bad for anyone going through that. By the end, he was truly done. It was sad to see a human being sink to that low of a point. It's always sad to see someone die unless they've actually done horrific things, like killed several people. Chuck never killed anyone. Half of the stuff he did to Jimmy, Jimmy brought it on himself. He was an ass, and he did cause things to happen, but he wasn't so bad as to be glad he's dead. IMHO.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure the moral compass is right where it should be but as a minor antagonist in a drama I think it is ok to feel good about his situation.

The thing is we should not be doing that in real life.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nah . .. Jimmy has always been slippin jimmie since stealing from his old man

That is kind of the thing . . .
    Steven Barnes Points it out here: https://stevenbarneslife.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/better-call-saul-is-amazing/

Rocket River

14. heypartner

Isnt it pretty well established in a flashback that the writers want us to believe Jimmy's dad gave away $14,000 over time because he was a sucker for a sad story, so doomed his own store. Jimmy as a kid used to lecture his dad about the scam artists. But yeah, he did steal $4 in the flashback.

I took it as the writers wanting us to see how Chuck is quick to blame Jimmy, and never forgives or forgets, and in this case he was wrong from the beginning since Jimmy was trying to stop/help his dad, yet Jimmy learned from working at the store how scammers operate.

Thus the righteous, socially aloof older brother who doesnt works at the store or cares about his dad as much as the little brother makes a wrong assumption that the little brother can never escape. But we also see how the little bro learns the ways of the Bad at an early age...the scammers in the store.

Brown Lost It likes this.
  15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

that's the thing, his dad gave away a lot of money but Jimmy did take some money from the register as well.

sure he didn't take $14,000, probably closer to a couple grand over the years he worked there and chuck thought he took all of it. that's why I like the show it's never black or white. for someone like chuck it is. either you follow the law or youre slippin jimmy.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As Steve pointed out. . . Jimmy CHEATS at EVERYTHING
    Why would we assume that Jimmy didn't cut corners and cheat at Law School?
    Jimmy believes in expedience and short cuts

It is who he is . .. . . and blaming chuck for it is just another way to make an excuse for the likable fellow that is Slippin Jimmy.

Rocket River

17. heypartner

I don't disagree, and that's part of what makes the show great. But you aren't saying Chuck is innocent in any of this are you? I mean, he's not innocent and righteous and virtuous in ANY of this. That, too, makes the show great.

18. conquistador#11

How does chuck sleep with no a.c on during the summers. I wondered what his electricity bill amounts to during the meter scene

19. dandorotik

Summertimes in ABQ - you get the cool breezes you don't get in a place like Houston. I was just there last week, and you could actually get by w/o AC except for maybe the absolute hottest days.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sometimes the cheater is more likable than the stern, grumpy, obnoxious old brother.