1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I wonder how much longer Kim sticks with Jimmy, considering that she almost lost Mesa Verde because of his antics.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

My guess is he leaves her because he really cares for her and wants to protect and keep her out of the shitstorm to come.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

She also only got Mesa Verde because of his antics. When they played the tape in the courtroom, I got a "wow you did that for me?" vibe from her, but maybe others saw differently.

4. ths balla

ths balla Member

After all this, I presume Jimmy still gets disbarment for breaking and entering? Which then cause him to become Saul?

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I'm thinking suspension and then a return as Saul, but maybe not, in the preview for next episode, you hear a woman who sounds like Kim saying "Saul Goodman?"

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Could have been as simple as Rebecca confiding with Jimmy about marital problems, because they *always* got along and he was around alot if not the third wheel, like at dinner. Then it became a crying on the brother's shoulder type of thing regarding marital problems, and Chuck was resentful that Jimmy could be her buddy,,,,maybe even putting some blame on him and accusing him of an affair, even if he didn't really believe it.

My guess, it is something to do with Rebecca was really good at something, something in the social/community realm where Chuck feels awkward, and Chuck resented her success with everyone loving her, since he was doing all the hard work being an important lawyer. I say something social, live a great philanthropist/fundraiser or maybe even attempted to run for local office of some sort, and Chuck hated socializing, because he wasn't King in Rebecca's social realm, because he's so awkward around ppl. And from the split, he developed his "affliction" -- which is really agoraphobia -- and blames it on electromagnetism....so now he has an important excuse to stay at home.

anyhoot -- that's my psychoanalysis for the day.

moestavern19 likes this.
  7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good analysis. Chuck's agoraphobia would have had to be laid dormant for a long time and brought about by an event so hurtful his brain would reject its reality and instead create an alternate one that can make his grief more manageable.

But this is again a TV drama so I expect the emotional trauma to be a bit more titillating than a long-drawn out progression of events that is ultimately realistic but mundane and trivial. An affair, whether emotional or physical could certainly be the root cause.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My guess is really just centered around Chuck hates socializing, and Rebecca, Jimmy (and Hamlin) are great at it

Still could be a singular, traumatic event that at least led to the break up, with good TV Drama precedence. Think about the great teamwork of the Underwoods in House of Cards. Husband is an important man, the wife is a phenomenal social queen/philanthropist. In their backstory days prior to the show, they probably go to social events all the time that she organized, and he's there just to be by her side...as her successful arm candy for her to show off.

Chuck regrets that role in Rebecca's life, and maybe plays out at one of the events. It's witnessed by others, and the agoraphobia becomes his coping mechanism and excuse to others at the firm.

Or, more in line with your affair plot, all the social events are Hamlin, Hamlin and McGill things (firm or client events) where Rebecca helps Chuck shine, but some suitor (client maybe) notices she's not happy, and they have an affair....or Chuck just imagines it, enough to make a scene embarrassing the firm, maybe losing a client.

#268 heypartner, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    daywalker02 likes this.
  9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes. Also, my comment is a quote from the Laverne and Shirley theme song. The role Michael McKean ("Chuck") is most well known for, besides Spinal Tap, is Lenny on L&S.

ROCKSS likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think they will . . but Chuck will think they did
    and will be proven wrong . . .
    but She cannot get beyond his behavior and means he goes through to PROVE IT

Chuck gets an idea in his head . . . . he does not let it go .

I think like BB . . . This shows us the descent of Jimmy to Saul
    As Steven Barnes points out . . When Walter was offered insurance but continues to make met
    THAT WAS THE POINT HE TURN EVIL . . . he had an out but did not take it
    he made a conscious choice to continue to do bad

I think this is the Turning point for Jimmy
    His Love for this brother up until now has been his defining characteristic
    This last episode he made the choice to sacrifice that . . . .TO WIN!
    I think we see more of his descent from here . . .. his consorting with more and more 'bad guys'
    I think KIM gets caught up in his 'slippery slope'

Rocket River

11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Man, i hope we get some type of explanation why he has that disease now. not just stress from a divorce or something like that but an actual cause-and-effect.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all getting DEEP. But I still have one lingering question I haven't been able to answer for myself since the shows inception...

Is Kim hot? Or nah?

Yung-T and GRENDEL like this.
  13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think she's hot.....I mean what's not to like...

[​IMG]

14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The way Chuck was preparing his speech before the hearing was reminiscent of Walter White when he first started lying to Skyler.

maybe I'm looking too much into it, I'm sure lawyers practice this all the time. but perhaps Chuck feels guilty and knows he is doing something wrong by screwing over his brother for something he worked really hard for.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

WTF, she's fine. How is it even debatable?

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Her choice in men on TV shows hasn't been the greatest. Bad judgement isn't attractive.

daywalker02 and Ziggy like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You must be crushing super hard on Melania Trump.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Her mouth and neck look older than her age

19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I think she is cute

[​IMG]

gatsby, GRENDEL and daywalker02 like this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm just wondering when Bimmy gets involved. This seems like the right time for those two to attack Chuck.