1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul S5 - 2/23

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Apparently the final season.

CCity Zero and ferrari77 like this.
  2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Everything I've read says season 6 is the final one, not season 5. Did that change recently?

CCity Zero and Roscoe Arbuckle like this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Awesome. I was told differently. Just re-looked it up.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You're definitely remembering right though, like they were doing the whole 5A/5B season thing like BrBA did iirc and it was a shorter order of episodes (at least that was what was reported), however now it looks like that's not the case any longer... It'll be interesting what will be left for a 6th season.

#5 CCity Zero, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Good catch, I'm glad it's not what I heard regarding a shorter order of episodes and in a season 5a/5b format for the finale. With that said, I definitely hope it keeps the faster pace it's on now. Don't get me wrong, I love the show but I felt it was really dragging things out sometimes to actually get to Saul... But that might be more felt when you're not getting to binge it, and instead watching it as it's released.

I mean on breaking bad, I'd be thinking about the episode for the whole week (or year +), and since starting early season 1 ep 5 and in real time I kept worrying if it was even coming back, especially with the writers' strike happening during season 1. Regardless, I'm happy it lasted and has basically become a household name - so now the show basically gets the say on when it ends etc. instead of it being cut short by some silly exec. Looking forward to seeing the show continue.

#6 CCity Zero, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the pace was already pretty slow, but they really killed the momentum of this show by taking a year off. four seasons and he isnt even saul yet. they are really going to have to rush things to bring the story up to the beginning of breaking bad.

and the characters are just way too old to believably fit into the timeline of breaking bad. odenkirk is now 57. jonathan banks is 72 and is supposed to be playing someone in his mid-late 50's.

its too bad because its actually a really good show. anyone who watched breaking bad should be tuning in.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm going to have to rewatch S04 soon, but I did recall the introduction of Saul at the very ending. We are setup to have Jimmy dba Saul at start of S05. Whether they do that right away, who knows. But he's ready.

here's the clip as reminder....he says "Saul Goodman" at very end. I remember being sad that Kim looked disturbed.

complete ending panning away from Kim, like she's letting him walk away.

ryan_98 and jo mama like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah that is not gonna be pretty watching him and Kim dissolve.

I also wonder how much his after BB is gonna come in to play, they have really teased that.

10. Beezy

Beezy Member

This is the problem with almost any prequel. Fat Todd takes the cake (and ate it).

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I predict Kim dies during the Breaking Bad timeline

when he is Gene managing the Cinnabon, he has lost all motivation/ambition, so something terrible must have happened to put him in that sort of depression

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

She doesn't have to die; she could just get disgusted by what he turned into.

13. Drexlerfan22

Yeah, I mean even when it was dragging a bit it was still a better show than most, but I don't think they needed 4 seasons to get to Saul. And I'm a bit sad that they aren't spending longer in the Saul period now that they've finally gotten to it.

Anyway, looking forward to it of course. I too wonder what will happen with Kim. There sure are a ton of directions they could go with how and why she's out of his life later.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

would be cool if they released all the episodes after making them look younger with cgi

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did you miss Breaking Bad?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Is she actually out of his life?

:eek:

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Exactly, definitely agree it did drag a bit, but also agree the show is very good. I definitely think the Saul portion will pay off, but I also wish it got there sooner too

18. PhiSlammaJamma

I’m in season 2 as well. Seems a bit repetitive with these silly story lines, but still good enough to watch due to the character insertions.

19. Drexlerfan22

I mean I guess technically it's possible she's not and just offscreen the whole time? Just doesn't seem that likely. I'd think we would've seen her once at least in BB if nothing bad happened between them, or just to her.

But that would sure be an interesting twist.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Houston and reliant stadium and the rodeo in the house