1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul S4 August 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Torn n Frayed, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Assumed so.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yes, that's what they are building......

[​IMG]

3. SuraGotMadHops

This show has been moving at a snail's pace, just close out the series this season. Superlab is done, Hector is stuck in his chair with his bell, Jimmy and Kim break up, Jimmy gets his bar card back, changes his name to Saul, and uses his cell phone money to lease space in the strip center and buy an inflatable statute of liberty. Tell us what happens with Nacho, show us what becomes of Gene. Done.

Asian Sensation and Rocket River like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I want to see Jessie's crappy parents.

tinman likes this.
  5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

..Yo..?!?

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think what's been covered so far this season is better left to the imagination. I'm watching but this season does feel pretty monotonous and pointless in a lot of ways. Walt and Jesse can't show up soon enough. If this show were on ABC, CBS, or NBC, then it probably would have been cancelled a few episodes in.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Guys, have faith. I think we are going to get a montage of drunk Germans with Russian prostitutes next week.

8. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I love all of the details they reveal this season... but it is completely meandering. There is no real tension, so I'm not sure what the hell the point of the entire season has been except to give us the, "this is how Jimmy got here" background.

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its crazy that this is season 4 and he is still not saul...on a show called better call saul! when it came on i think most of us figured the first season would be the set-up then it would be saul from there on out.

the slow pacing didnt bother me before, last couple weeks it is starting to get to me.

there is too much filler and not enough story...the cold opening was 5 minutes and could have been 30 seconds. the germans going to work was a few minutes and could have been 15 seconds.

im still watching, but its getting irritating.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Haven't watched this week's, but did enjoy the reference to "Howard's End" when Jimmy was getting everyone's Oscar pool picks.

Torn n Frayed and heypartner like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man. . . the years have not been kind to Lavell Crawford
    He plays Huell Babineaux, a professional pickpocket hired by Jimmy.
    (Stolen from the Wiki)

He looks horrible and kind of sickly . .. .
    I would have thought it would have been easier for a bald guy to play his younger self
    but . .. . man

Rocket River

12. heypartner

So, you're saying that you are irritating yourself, from a false belief of writer's intent? :p:)

btw: Technically, he is Saul now.

[​IMG]

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think that was the purpose of the split screen

At this point . . .. . SAUL is 100% legal
    I am assuming he is buying the phones and not just stealing them
    Then taking them to the street and marking up the price

In the next epiosode or two .. . someone from corporate or district
    should notice the up tick in phone sales.

If he buying direct - not involving the store
    Then no one is noticing him NOT BEING AT THE STORE
    seemingly very little if at all

Rocket River

Torn n Frayed and GRENDEL like this.
  14. SuraGotMadHops

How the hell have we not had a Jesse cameo buying a phone from Saul at the Dog House?? That's one of Jesse's spots, and he's a drug dealer. C'mon man.

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

fake news! you edited my post in your quote to make it look like i said i was irritated that he is not full-on saul yet. i said the slow pacing and drawn-out montages were getting irritating.

but yes, i was expecting him to be the saul goodman that we knew from breaking bad by this point...i didnt think that by season 4 there would be any semblance of jimmy mcgill and his old life.

he is only technically saul when he is selling phones...everyone else still calls him jimmy.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I understand some wanting a faster pace but if he had become full BB Saul in Season 2 the show would be ending after Season 4. The closer we get to the BB timeline the closer we are to the end of this series. Just enjoy the ride.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Slow pace, fast pace - doesn't matter. Was the last episode entertaining as a whole? For me the answer is no, not at all.

Yung-T and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  18. heypartner

This brings up a curious trivia question: Does Mike ever call him by name in BB? I assume he calls him Saul, right?

If so, Mike seems like the kinda guy who you'd have to convince to use a new business-alias name. "Mike...you keep calling me Jimmy. My name is Saul now. Call me, Saul. You know, like on my TV commercials ... 'Better Call Saul.'" [big smile]

Mike: "Grrrr"

Maybe we'll have a whole slow-burn episode on Mike accepting Jimmy's new name, climaxing with Mike begrudgingly calling him Saul for the first time without Jimmy having to correct him. @Ziggy

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's the one they'll be sending to the Emmy committee.

20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I LOVE this show. But god dang, this has got to be the slowest progressing season EVER. I'm starting not to care about Nacho or Mike...