1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul S4 August 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Torn n Frayed, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

The preview for next week showed;

Jimmy pitching Mike on stealing the Hummel figurine

jo mama likes this.
  2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

thats right - and at the end he was online looking up the price of one of those which was like 8k.

TMac'n and Torn n Frayed like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Pretty sure it was insinuated that he was the one who was printing the counterfeit bills... when he worked with the printer in Chicago at the height of being slipping jimmy.

The doctor was the same guy from breaking bad who treats Gus and Jessie after they poison the whole cartel. He’s clearly been working for Gus a long time by that point. Nice that they show how long he’s been around.

Gus holds all the cards. He knows Nacho tried to kill Hector. He also obviously wants Hector dead. But nobody else figures that so nacho is free to be used however Gus wants. Gus seizing the opportunity to expose Nacho now will give him more opportunities to exploit him.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Ok, but how did Gus know Nacho did something?

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

He had 1 of his guys tail Nacho and he saw him throw the bad pills off a bridge...

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Because he had Victor watching him and he saw Nacho dump the pills in the river.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Ah. That's right.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I also think the Gus vs Hector dynamic plays out tremendously since everybody knows what the ultimate demise of Gus will be due to.

I expect Gus will continue this back/forth of "he dies when I say he dies", and we see him purposefully torturing him... or worse... which furthers the vendetta. Or maybe its that spite that keeps Hector alive... Gus could probably kill him any way he wants a dozen times over the rest of BCS, and he doesn't... and we know what happens because of this.

Great Shakespearian tragedy stuff...

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it wasn't clear to me why Jimmy was going to the sales interviews

was he genuinely going through the motions of trying to get a job and be responsible and then just sabotaged himself, or was that his plan all along?

#89 Commodore, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think he had a moment or reckoning that his bullshit actually has evolved to the point of dangerous effectiveness. He still has somewhat of a conscious in this universe... unlike Saul Goodman who has none. This is part of his evolution. He's already had one pseudo-break from his consciousness when he decided to pin all of Chuck's death on Hamlin... how his character further devolves episode by episode is the crux of the rest of this series.

heypartner and Torn n Frayed like this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No talk about what "job" Jimmy called Mike about, after the job interview.

"I have a job you'll be very interested in."​

Well, Gus's primary objective is building his empire, which means cuttting into the Salamanca business, but hopefully without a war leading to DEA mobilizing forces.

That was a perfect opportunity to make the point when Arturo insisted nothing has changed and he demands the 6th kilo. so, offing one while turning another was a strategy to employ at some point, might as well nip it in the bud early that 6 vs 5 kilos ain't happening anymore.

But since Gus was there, plan to off Arturo was most likely going down that way regardless of asking for 6th kilo or not.

btw, did Gus let Nacho take the 5? Seems Gus would know that Nacho can't contain retaliation for getting nothing.

#91 heypartner, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I thought its been mentioned that it was about the figurine.​

13. heypartner

I mean, he was staring at a figurine online. but what's the job.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Slow 14 minute montage of Mike painstakingly crafting then painting a counterfeit. It'll be a boring episode. The actor that plays Mike will be nominated for an Emmy based on the episode.

15. heypartner

Right up there with the S3 soaker-hose episode....riveting.

I loved the soaker-hose made a cameo in last episode. Proved his granddaughter is smart to have figured out he was standing on it.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Something to do with the figurine... right?

You want specifics? Isn’t that why you would actually watch the show?

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Can’t tell if serious. He did use the “hose” to shred the tires on one of the cartel trucks, right?

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm having a hard time not watching this show because i'm trying to wait for it to come to netflix in 4k :(

19. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

You want to more clearly see Jimmy and Mike's aging facial imperfections or something, even though they're supposed to be younger? It's already distracting enough! :)

marks0223 and jo mama like this.
  20. heypartner

Man, what's up your butt. You're acting overly feisty and obtuse, today. If you aren't interested in a plot-line question or theories, just move on, no?

I was just asking for plot-line thoughts about "the job"...you know, like what 1/2 this thread is about.

And btw: no one has talked about the job/figurine, until I asked, unless it was in a spoiler.